The Student Room Group

Official Vacation Scheme Thread 2015!!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ZaraW
When did you submit your app?

Mid-december :tongue:
Original post by ChoccyWoccy
Mid-december :tongue:

I submitted mine mid Dec and still haven't heard anything...
what does it mean by a cross-border dispute?
hey can anyone help with this question please

In the next 12 to 18 months which changes to UK law do you feel will have the greatest impact and why? (250 words max)
Original post by electro14
what does it mean by a cross-border dispute?

Some form of dispute that involves legal action being taken across numerous jurisdictions, or alternatively, if you want to think really complex, consider a contractual dispute being brought against a company in e.g. a New York court when they are a UK-based company with certain elements of the contracts being governed by Sharia law (wholly possible situation).
(edited 9 years ago)
Hey! Anyone gave Ashurst interview? I have an interview with them and I am super nervous! Any tips?
Reply 1166
Original post by trisha.b
Hey! Anyone gave Ashurst interview? I have an interview with them and I am super nervous! Any tips?

Hi do firms carry out credit checks because I don't have a good credit score yet.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1167
Original post by J-SP
Not for vac schemes and I doubt for any TCs either.

The only checks we did were academic and employment reference, and criminal background checks.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh that's good, I should be okay then.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by trisha.b

With Ashurst specifically, their interviews can be rather "brutal". They will deliberately try to throw you off and test your nerves. The trick is to hold your grand, stay calm, and give rational answers to their questions. They may act like your presence is a waste of their time, but that's just a ploy to hit your nerves. Remember if they have offered you an interview, they are genuinely interested in you.
So it looks like all the attention I've been paying to vac schemes isn't doing wonders for my degree work... just got an essay back which was due the same day as the Clifford Chance deadline and it's the worst mark I've ever gotten :lol:
Original post by pasdesdeux
Still waiting! Added nerves of checking the letterbox every day though.

Cheers for the reply. Yeah, hate that they send decisions via post. Good luck!
If a firm doesnt run any vac schemes or open days, is it ok to email the recruiter and ask whether or not i can pop in?
Original post by Kidioteque
Offer from Hogan Lovells! :smile:

Congrats! :smile:

When was your AC and what method of communication did they use to get back to you?
Is anybody still applying at this point? I've got at least 5 I want to do before the 31st but that means they're going to be going in close to deadline! Does anyone have any suggestions for places that don't view applications on a rolling basis? I'm currently looking at mid sized firms.
Original post by darbythetinker
Is anybody still applying at this point? I've got at least 5 I want to do before the 31st but that means they're going to be going in close to deadline! Does anyone have any suggestions for places that don't view applications on a rolling basis? I'm currently looking at mid sized firms.

I also have a number of applications to submit before the 31st. I think that SGH Martineau, Stephenson Harwood and Wragge Lawrence Graham & Co review applications after the deadline.
Original post by darbythetinker

Yeah, closing in on my 30th application..

Places like DLA Piper, Nabarro and some US firms do not roll.
Thanks both of you, DLA Piper and Wragge were both on my 'big list' of schemes so will be giving them a go. Was just worried with all the early applications on here! 30 apps really is something. Thankfully i've already applied to Nabarro so fingers crossed.
Interview Shearman :smile:
Invited to take Weil test today but deadline is the 14th - does that mean I have til midnight today or midnight tomorrow? Anyone know? :smile:
Reply 1179
Original post by ChoccyWoccy
Invited to take Weil test today but deadline is the 14th - does that mean I have til midnight today or midnight tomorrow? Anyone know? :smile:

I got invited too!!! But my deadline is 15th this thursday. I assume it means we have to do it before the date they've given us....

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending