The Student Room Group

Official Vacation Scheme Thread 2015!!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ZaraW
I got invited too!!! But my deadline is 15th this thursday. I assume it means we have to do it before the date they've given us....

It's too late to call so I guess I'll have to do it tonight just in case :/
Original post by legallife
Congrats! :smile:

When was your AC and what method of communication did they use to get back to you?

It was the middle of last week, and they sent me a letter which arrived the next day. (They also phoned to make sure I had received the letter, ha.)

Original post by liarpoker
Yeah, closing in on my 30th application..

Places like DLA Piper, Nabarro and some US firms do not roll.

30 applications?! Jesus. You are a machine.

Original post by ChoccyWoccy
Interview Shearman :smile:

Another day, another interview for ChoccyWoccy. Congrats :cool:
Yeah, closing in on my 30th application..

Places like DLA Piper, Nabarro and some US firms do not roll.

Wow! How long has that taken you?
Original post by ZaraW
I got invited too!!! But my deadline is 15th this thursday. I assume it means we have to do it before the date they've given us....

I got one too but my deadline says 14th! I don't know whether to do it tonight I'm sitting at a restaurant with a glass of wine...sheeeeet

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by boing36
I got one too but my deadline says 14th! I don't know whether to do it tonight I'm sitting at a restaurant with a glass of wine...sheeeeet

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got the invite today too with a deadline of 14th and just got home, having dinner now and think I might do it tonight just in case :erm:
Reply 1185
Has anybody had an assessment centre at A&O? If so, how long did it take for them to get back post-AC and was it an offer/rejection? Thank you very much
Original post by Kidioteque

Another day, another interview for ChoccyWoccy. Congrats :cool:

Thanks! :smile:
Feeling pretty tired, really not wanting to do the Weil test right now but feel like I have to just in case!
Original post by ChoccyWoccy
Wow! How long has that taken you?

Sent a few in November, but the bulk has been sent in Dec/Jan hols. Only heard positively from 4 (negatively from about a dozen), so still got toooons to hear back from :lol:

The apps get progressively easier, the more you do tbh!

Original post by boing36

Posted from TSR Mobile

As far as I know, 14th Jan deadline would mean 23:59 on the 14th Jan. Just like with UCAS, you could apply the day of the deadline.

Might be better to be safe than sorry though!
(edited 9 years ago)

As far as I know, 14th Jan deadline would mean 23:59 on the 14th Jan. Just like with UCAS, you could apply the day of the deadline.

Might be better to be safe than sorry though!

Not sure if I want to risk it - wish I'd read the email in time to call and double check. I suppose it might be nice to get it out of the way tonight anyway.
Reply 1190
for anyone that has applied for the GDL or already doing it…
is it unwise to apply now for September, or is it true that they ask you to place deposits which you then don't get back of like £250?
Reply 1191
Has anyone heard either way from Olswang, Stephenson Harwood and Wragge Lawrence Graham & Co?
Hi all. Has anyone had any experience of the HSF assessment centre? I would be so grateful if someone could give me some advice about what to expect...

Thanks so much!
Original post by cocolestrange
Hi all. Has anyone had any experience of the HSF assessment centre? I would be so grateful if someone could give me some advice about what to expect...

Thanks so much!

How long did it take to hear post tests?
Original post by pp93
Has anyone heard either way from Olswang, Stephenson Harwood and Wragge Lawrence Graham & Co?

I've been told that my Stephenson Harwood application is currently on hold. What stage are you at with WLG? I got to the AC stage for the winter scheme so I can tell you how long they tend to take to get back to you at each stage.
Anyone heard from Mishcon or Irwin Mitchell? In previous years IM would of been doing telephone interviews by now but they have a new gad recruiter this year so maybe doing things a bit differently?

Anyone heard either way for both firms?

Thanks
Original post by DonnieCA
Anyone heard from Mishcon or Irwin Mitchell? In previous years IM would of been doing telephone interviews by now but they have a new gad recruiter this year so maybe doing things a bit differently?

Anyone heard either way for both firms?

Thanks

Nothing from IM yet, i applied early December
Original post by pp93

I applied to Olswang last week. Did an online test yesterday and I have a phone interview with them next Tuesday :smile:
Original post by Defragmentation
Freshfields AC Invite. Perfect time to receive it, feel much much better going into my A&O AC tomorrow ahaha

Congrats :biggrin: good luck!
Original post by Defragmentation
Freshfields AC Invite. Perfect time to receive it, feel much much better going into my A&O AC tomorrow ahaha

Well done! Do you mind me asking when you applied?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending