The Student Room Group

Am i depressed? Someone help me

Hi Everyone
Please Please Please, can someone help me out, i feel so alone in all this. Im in my final year of A-Levels and i constantly feel sad, upset and lonely. My friends and a couple of teachers have noticed my change in personality as i am normally bubbly, happy and confident. The past couple of months though i have had it hard and i have admitted this to teachers, i was stressed out about my UCAS, crying very frequently, then my dad was hospitalised at the same time then after that i was rejected by a university and now i have just completed my mock exams and i feel like they have gone rubbish. Im scared that if i get a U in all of them then i will go back into my hole like i did a couple of months ago. I have really had good support from my teachers while going through all this but now i feel like i cant go back and ask them for more help as i would seem like an attention seeker! My friends are supportive but they have there own problems and my best friend has recently come through depression!

i realised that i need help after i began thinking about anti-depressant drugs, alcohol and other ways of stopping myself thinking the way i am!

please someone help me
(edited 9 years ago)
Visit your GP :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Suzanne123
Visit your GP :smile:

My GP will tell me i am depressed! I already know that....im looking for other ways to get over it
Original post by Anonymous
My GP will tell me i am depressed! I already know that....im looking for other ways to get over it

Your GP can do a lot of other things too though! Yes he can confirm if you are clinically depressed but he can also refer you for therapy or counselling or prescribe antidepressants if they thing you need it. Definitely worth a visit :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by furryface12
Your GP can do a lot of other things too though! Yes he can confirm if you are clinically depressed but he can also refer you for therapy or counselling or prescribe antidepressants if they thing you need it. Definitely worth a visit :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:ditto:
Your GP can also refer you for other things to help, as the above poster has said. Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest