The Student Room Group

Anyone else think Charlie Hebdo were provocative?

Scroll to see replies

The whole system is ****ed up maan
Reply 81
Original post by DarrenPratleyGOD
Apart from the 109 verses from the Quran that incite violence against non-believers....

Quran (3:151) - "Soon shall We cast TERROR into the hearts of the Unbelievers, for that they joined companions with Allah, for which He had sent no authority".

Quran (8:12) - "I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them"

Quran (3:56) - "As to those who reject faith, I will punish them with terrible agony in this world and in the Hereafter, nor will they have anyone to help."

Don't fetch quotes from the internet. Go open a real Qur'an and then find what you just posted, You won't see it anywhere.
No-one deserves to be punished for offending anyone unless they're offending Jews or blacks this is SCIENTIFIC FACT
Reply 83
Original post by umzz
Our prophet went through more punishment and torture that you could ever think of and all he done in response was forgive. Islam condemns murder simple as.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Your prophet never existed.
The very fact that they were shot for satirizing the religion shows that the religion needs to be satirized. This is the 21st century, we cannot allow lunatics and fanatics to step on our values of freedom of speech.
Original post by umzz
Don't fetch quotes from the internet. Go open a real Qur'an and then find what you just posted, You won't see it anywhere.

I actually have an English copy of the Quran, it's pretty clear to see.
Deserved is a strong word. No they didn't deserve to be shot up.

A big however:
I think if you intentionally go out of your way to be controversial and offensive you can't be terribly surprised if someone who has taken offence acts upon it and 'punches you in the face'.

They're still in the wrong, but one can understand why they did it.

However getting angry at something offensive and going on a murder-spree are different things. Soooo... *shrug*
Reply 87
ladies
Original post by Truths

It's not about accommodating extremists, it's about respecting Muslims. Muslims that have already been stripped of their freedoms to express themselves in public. I'm sure most muslims in France want to live in peace and harmony. Why is there is necessity to publish offensive and tasteless anti muslim "satire"? So the old racist white men in starbucks can get their ****s n giggles at their broadsheet? Is that what we value in society?

ladies and gentleman a guardian reader.
Original post by Studentus-anonymous

I think if you intentionally go out of your way to be controversial and offensive you can't be terribly surprised if someone who has taken offence acts upon it and 'punches you in the face'.

Which usually applies to situations where you confront a person or harass them directly. That is not analogous to this situation, where the publishers were 'punched in the face' as it were for the mere fact that they drew a picture in their office and published it in their their obscure magazine.

Regardless, I think it's an immaterial point that people re-emphasise as a subtle way of victim blaming. I don't believe that's what you are personally doing here, as I have seen the sort of things you usually say, but this is my view generally.

I would most certainly have one eyebrow raised if a person kept hammering home the point that a raped woman shouldn't have been surprised at being raped, because she wore provocative clothing and walked down a dark alleyway drunk.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 89
Original post by awkwardshortguy
No-one deserves to be punished for offending anyone unless they're offending Jews or blacks this is SCIENTIFIC FACT

No it's not.
If you live by the sword u better be prepared to die by the sword
I am Muslim. But Muslim brothers you are crazy! Who are you. You do not even learn your lessons. Do you like dying?

Posted from TSR Mobile
What do u expect? You do everything by violating laws. Then what?? You do not know anything about Muhammed.
Muhammed forgave people who stoned him. You? You are killing journalists. Is it İslam?? no. İf you are Muslim, I am not.
Why do you come to Europe if you want to live in İslamic rules? What do you want from Christians? Do you want them to let you marry four women and stone those who commit adultery? You are ridicilious

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nobody is innocent guys. Religion is not matter. Everyone kills someone for money.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Evening
No it's not.

Oh yes it is!
Original post by #freegaza
If you live by the sword u better be prepared to die by the sword

and if you draw cartoons be prepared to die by those who use AK47's:rolleyes:
Listen bro as someone said in this post if you let a woman stroll through a prison in a short attractive clothes what do you think happens ????
Btw that was a good joke cartoonist:ak47 :ahee:
You are pervert fanatic muslims

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by #freegaza
Listen bro as someone said in this post if you let a woman stroll through a prison in a short attractive clothes what do you think happens ????
:ahee:

Are you comparing the French Muslim population with a prison population!

That's going a little too far

But you are FN and I claim my 1Euro.
Naa I never compared that **** with the Muslim population but if you go into a unpleasant place(like drawing the prophet pbuh) where you know you are gonna cause havoc then you better be prepared to lose your life for freedom of speech
It's that simple bro

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending