The Student Room Group

my teacher might put me in foundation. i am so angry about it

i got a c+ 1 mark away from a b and my teacher wants to put me in foundation core science
Even though we have still have got 4 more months till the core exam.
Worst of all i am doing triple science and this was my first mock!
I feel so dumb:frown:
i feel like complaining!
She said it is safer to do foundation than higher.But i didnt revise for the test and we still have 4months!!
Consequently if i do foundation and get b (if you do well in coursework) or under i will probably tell my parent for me to do the higher test privately(i just wonder how much it cost?)
i am starting to hate science as my teacher is ruining my chances of going into a really good sixth form and choosing the sciences.
foundation should be a last resort not just chuck it onto someone!
And i am apparently one of the cleverest people in the year as i am doing triple science(only 40 are allowed to do it)yet there is a fair chance of doing FOUNDATION.So how am i meant to be clever.i feel like a caged lion.i am so angry.
Lel. Complain to head of dept.
If your one of the 'cleverest people in your year' then your school must be pretty shoddy! Haha. :u:
Original post by notwellknown
i got a c+ 1 mark away from a b and my teacher wants to put me in foundation core science
i feel like complaining!
She said it is safer to do foundation than higher.But i didnt revise for the test and we still have 4months!!
Consequently if i do foundation and get b (if you do well in coursework) or under i will probably tell my parent for me to do the higher test privately(i just wonder how much it cost?)
i am starting to hate science as my teacher is ruining my chances of going into a really good sixth form and choosing the sciences.
And i am apparently one of the cleverest people in the year as i am doing triple science(only 40 are allowed to do it)yet there is a fair chance of doing FOUNDATION.So how am i meant to be clever.i feel like a caged lion.i am so angry.

Not revising for your test was probably your downfall as you no doubt know now. You need a plan to rescue the situation which can only work with the help your teacher, so maybe a little grovelling is in order as distasteful as it may seem it could save your prospects of a decent education. I would suggest you ask for meeting with the teacher and explain how you feel now, wished you had revised more, had let both of you down and will do anything to prove how serious you are to get a good grade, maybe volunteering for extra revision and homework. Give it a try....everyone is entitled to make a mistake offering to make amends is what matters.... good luck will keep my fingers crossed.
Go complain to the head of science- i spammed my head of sciences with emails and knocked at his office everyday to tell him to put me to higher and it did get put in higher. However in your case its staying in triple. just complain and your teacher shouldnt be the one to give the call of who should stay or not or do higher or not. Or even tell your form tutor or your head of year.
Reply 4
Original post by Adeel Ali
Lel. Complain to head of dept.
If your one of the 'cleverest people in your year' then your school must be pretty shoddy! Haha. :u:

yeah my school is shoddy literally! and my teacher is the head of department.
Reply 5
iConsequently if i do foundation and get b (if you do well in coursework) or under i will probably tell my parent for me to do the higher test privately(i just wonder how much it cost?)

Not a viable option - it's not possible to take H and F in the same exam season and the next opportunity to re-sit would be Summer 2016.
i feel like complaining!

I'm not doing any foundation tier but I don't think you can get above a C in foundation or below a D in higher. If you ask your teacher for a retest in a couple of weeks time, study really hard and you'll probably be able to get an A in which case you can prove that you can do higher. Results are pretty much the only way though- you have to prove it.
Entry deadline is a few weeks away so beg to do Higher - get your parents involved if needs be. Ask for a second mock ... you'll need grade Bs for sixth form.
Reply 8
i have learnt my lesson. (revise!)And to actually put effort in even though i got a c+ 1 mark away from a B that exceeds foundation grades and that is why i am so angry.plus do you have any advice in revising aqa p1,c1 and b1 i have got the CGP books already anything else?
Get your parents involved. It is easier to achieve a C on higher than a C on lower :beard:

Quick Reply

Latest