The Student Room Group

Psychology Applicants for 2015 Entry Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 860
Original post by Bambooza
Congrats! Im waiting for a reply for Queen Marys :smile: when did you send your UCAS and what subjects do you study? x

Thank you! It was sent off early December..I'm doing English Literature, Biology and Psychology! Good luck to you too x
Original post by Hihihi123
Bath. Defiantly Bath. It's top 5 in the country for psychology and it's a beautiful place whereas York is.. well... not too nice (in my opinion anyway). So yeah, if I were you, Bath :smile:

Thanks for the advice :biggrin:
How come you don't think York is very nice?
Original post by Joshh_C
Has anyone heard back from UCL, King's College, Royal Holloway, Surrey or Queen Mary? I have an offer from Royal Holloway but have a feeling it's going to be ages before I hear back from my other 4..

I've heard back from King's and Queen Mary - AAB offer from King's and ABB offer from Queen Mary :smile:
Original post by A-J-
Thank you! It was sent off early December..I'm doing English Literature, Biology and Psychology! Good luck to you too x

Oh cool! Thank you :smile: x
Original post by CheesePuffff
I've heard back from King's and Queen Mary - AAB offer from King's and ABB offer from Queen Mary :smile:

Woah that's so cool! I heard King's weren't sending out offers till after the deadline! Well done ^_^ What subjects do you study if you don't mind me asking?
Reply 865
Original post by AnnabelleD
I've heard back from RH and Surrey and Goldsmiths, waiting on UCL.
Got rejected from Kent.
A level predictions are A, A A.

What are yours?

Cool! :smile: Congrats on surrey - the course looks really good, what was your offer? Predicted AAA and an A in EPQ. Sorry to hear about Kent, but good luck for UCL! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 866
Hi! In applying for psychology, and I sent my Ucas off a month ago and heard nothing.
Has anyone heard from either university of Sheffield, Birmingham, Leeds or york? And Sheffield Hallam, I'm scared :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AnnabelleD
I've heard back from RH and Surrey and Goldsmiths, waiting on UCL.
Got rejected from Kent.
A level predictions are A, A A.

What are yours?

Seems silly that Kent rejected you, what was their reason?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Woah that's so cool! I heard King's weren't sending out offers till after the deadline! Well done ^_^ What subjects do you study if you don't mind me asking?

Thank you :biggrin:
I got an email saying that too. I went to a talk about the course in December (shortly after I received an offer) and they said although their offer is AAB, they hadn't given anyone an offer who was only predicted AAB because the standard of applicants this year was so high.
I do psychology, biology, history and sociology, what about you? :smile:
Original post by Isha.k
Hi! In applying for psychology, and I sent my Ucas off a month ago and heard nothing.
Has anyone heard from either university of Sheffield, Birmingham, Leeds or york? And Sheffield Hallam, I'm scared :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

York was my first offer, but I sent my UCAS off in October
Thank you :biggrin:
I got an email saying that too. I went to a talk about the course in December (shortly after I received an offer) and they said although their offer is AAB, they hadn't given anyone an offer who was only predicted AAB because the standard of applicants this year was so high.
I do psychology, biology, history and sociology, what about you? :smile:

That's amazing, you must be so happy! Oh god I don't think I will get a place :colondollar: I do Psychology, English Literature, Media and History. Is King's your firm?
Reply 871
York was my first offer, but I sent my UCAS off in October

I wanted mine send off early, but my sixth form is so crap! All my friends who sent there's off later than me have their offers, and I don't and a single one.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Isha.k

Posted from TSR Mobile

I applied just over a month ago, and Birmingham gave me an offer yesterday, so your reply shouldn't be too far off
That's amazing, you must be so happy! Oh god I don't think I will get a place :colondollar: I do Psychology, English Literature, Media and History. Is King's your firm?

Don't think like that, you might do! :biggrin:
Nope, Bath is my firm. Is King's yours?
Original post by Joshh_C
Has anyone heard back from UCL, King's College, Royal Holloway, Surrey or Queen Mary? I have an offer from Royal Holloway but have a feeling it's going to be ages before I hear back from my other 4..

I've heard back from Surrey in November, I didn't apply to any of the other ones you did, but I've heard back from 4 of mine and are waiting for Edinburgh. I'd say you might hear after the deadline - which is today :smile:
1) What universities are you thinking of applying to?
i've applied to KCL, Durham, Manchester, Leeds and Bristol
2) What subjects do you do and what have you achieved in your AS year?
i don't have a levels :colondollar: so i'm applying with a foundation
3) GCSE grades?
2 Bs, the rest Cs

hope i'm not too late haha, also OP, love the username ;d
I just got offers from Exeter and Durham! Still waiting on St Andrews and Bath. Any pros and cons for Exeter and Durham?
Finally received all of my offers! Four of which are unconditional if I firm!! I'm so happy!! :smile:
Original post by roseannex
Finally received all of my offers! Four of which are unconditional if I firm!! I'm so happy!! :smile:

Bloody hell that's fantastic!! Congratulations!! :smile:

Where have you applied to study?
Original post by Emily.97
Bloody hell that's fantastic!! Congratulations!! :smile:

Where have you applied to study?

Thank you sweet! :smile:
Sussex, East Anglia, Sheffield Hallam and BCU are my unconditionals and I have a conditional from Chester :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest