The Student Room Group

How come?

How come some of my GCSEs show me what grade I got for each module, whereas some others only show me the overall grade?
Reply 1
Anyone know?
Reply 2
Anyone at all?
Reply 3
Original post by _jarv_
How come some of my GCSEs show me what grade I got for each module, whereas some others only show me the overall grade?

Linear specifications just give an overall grade (most GCSE Maths, IGCSEs), modular ones (most other stuff0 give marks and indicative grades for each unit.
Reply 4
Original post by Compost
Linear specifications just give an overall grade (most GCSE Maths, IGCSEs), modular ones (most other stuff0 give marks and indicative grades for each unit.

Thanks.

Just one more question - For my GCSE Maths I only got an overall grade. However, one of the exams for it was not in the summer, whereas the others were in the summer. So was my Maths linear or modular?
Original post by _jarv_
Thanks.

Just one more question - For my GCSE Maths I only got an overall grade. However, one of the exams for it was not in the summer, whereas the others were in the summer. So was my Maths linear or modular?

What exam board are you in?

P.S.

Sorry for the horrible grammar :frown:
Reply 6
Original post by Firenze26
What exam board are you in?

P.S.

It was AQA
Original post by _jarv_
It was AQA

Sorry, I'm doing edexcel so I don't have any clue about AQA. Sorry.

P.S.

Reply 8
ok
Why don't u try this link? http://www.aqa.org.uk/supporting-education/policy/gcse-and-a-level-changes/changes-in-your-subject/mathematics-changes It's about the maths changes, maybe that's why it happened?

P.S.

Original post by _jarv_
Thanks.

When did you finish this GCSE?
Reply 11
Original post by Compost
When did you finish this GCSE?

Original post by _jarv_

A lot's changed since then. I can't honestly remember what the rules were.

Quick Reply

Latest