The Student Room Group

Eduqas A Level Psychology Component 1 (A290U 10-1) 19th May 2023 [Exam Chat]

Eduqas A Level Psychology Component 1 (A290U 10-1) - Friday 19th May 2023 [Exam Chat]

Welcome to the exam discussion thread for this exam. Introduce yourself! Let others know what you're aiming for in your exams, what you are struggling with in your revision or anything else.
Wishing you all the best of luck. :yy:

General Information
Date/Time: Friday 19th May 2023/ AM
Length: 2h 15m

Resources
Eduqas A Level Psychology
(edited 12 months ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I am pretty confident about psych in general but can't understand the debates they just won't go in my head, anyone got any idea how to answer that 24 mark question in paper 1?
Hey, just to let you know, I've made this the official thread for this exam paper :smile: Best of luck!
Original post by spencerash
I am pretty confident about psych in general but can't understand the debates they just won't go in my head, anyone got any idea how to answer that 24 mark question in paper 1?

My Teacher said you can predict the debate questions- it'll always be 1 out of the 5 s she said we should memorise and write an exemplar answer and just keep doing it and hopefully the majority sticks in our head.
Reply 4
Can anyone predict the debate question?😭
Reply 5
Original post by Dontknowany
Can anyone predict the debate question?😭

i compared all the past papers from the last 7 years and eyewitness testimonies came up 3 times, in my opinion i dont think it's going to come up again because it came up in 2022,neuroscience has a really high chance of coming up because it last came up in 2017 but i wouldn't risk just memorising one
Reply 6
how do people feel about applying assumptions to a behaviour? my teachers barely taught us it, one of my psychology teachers left half way through the year too so i’ve missed out on so much.
also how do people feel about the other components?
Reply 7
Original post by Pwca
Eduqas A Level Psychology Component 1 (A290U 10-1) - Friday 19th May 2023 [Exam Chat]

Welcome to the exam discussion thread for this exam. Introduce yourself! Let others know what you're aiming for in your exams, what you are struggling with in your revision or anything else.
Wishing you all the best of luck. :yy:

General Information
Date/Time: Friday 19th May 2023/ AM
Length: 2h 15m

Resources
Eduqas A Level Psychology

Hey guys, for component 1 what are your predictions for the classical evidences and therapies for 19th may. last year they had bowlby and watson came up, so do you think it would be too risky not to go over them? for example, describe methodology and procedure of bowlby came up last year so it would be highly unlikely for it to come up this year?
Reply 8
Original post by anony19
i compared all the past papers from the last 7 years and eyewitness testimonies came up 3 times, in my opinion i dont think it's going to come up again because it came up in 2022,neuroscience has a really high chance of coming up because it last came up in 2017 but i wouldn't risk just memorising one

i agree with u its likely to be neuroscience. also what do you think about the controversies then? what are ur predictions on that?
Reply 9
Original post by fauska
Hey guys, for component 1 what are your predictions for the classical evidences and therapies for 19th may. last year they had bowlby and watson came up, so do you think it would be too risky not to go over them? for example, describe methodology and procedure of bowlby came up last year so it would be highly unlikely for it to come up this year?

the positive approach didn’t come up at all last year so i reckon there will be a question on that but not sure which part, could be any of it.

i would go over the studies that came up last year cause they’re so unpredictable sometimes but maybe focus more on the other studies
Reply 10
Original post by mia070104
the positive approach didn’t come up at all last year so i reckon there will be a question on that but not sure which part, could be any of it.

i would go over the studies that came up last year cause they’re so unpredictable sometimes but maybe focus more on the other studies

ohh i see thanks. i guess going over the studies that came up last year but they may ask a different part of it, like evaluation of bowlby.
Reply 11

can you be more specific about what classical evidence will come up please. it can’t be bowlby because that came up two times in two years.
Reply 12
Any ideas for social influence and psychopathology?
Reply 13
Original post by fauska

can you be more specific about what classical evidence will come up please. it can’t be bowlby because that came up two times in two years.

hi i really am not sure but maybe myers and dienes and the cognitive classic study
Reply 14
Original post by JH380
Any ideas for social influence and psychopathology?

this chat is for eduqas but i don’t think that’s part of the spec
is classical evidence the same as alternative evidence eg: Bowlby raine etc
Reply 16
Original post by fauska
i agree with u its likely to be neuroscience. also what do you think about the controversies then? what are ur predictions on that?

honestly paper 3 is so random because ethics and culture bias controversy came up in 2021 AND 2022 (my teacher said students last year tried predicting the controversy and didn't revise those two controversies cos it came up in 2021 and barely passed the paper because of it) , it's really hard to say, just memorise them all for that one to be honest but for me I'm not memorising at least one of them cos at least I'll have the other choice to answer which I will revise. I think science, culture or animals will come up.
Reply 17
Original post by anony19
honestly paper 3 is so random because ethics and culture bias controversy came up in 2021 AND 2022 (my teacher said students last year tried predicting the controversy and didn't revise those two controversies cos it came up in 2021 and barely passed the paper because of it) , it's really hard to say, just memorise them all for that one to be honest but for me I'm not memorising at least one of them cos at least I'll have the other choice to answer which I will revise. I think science, culture or animals will come up.

i feel like ethics and culture are less likely to come up tho because of that, i was thinking more animals, science and sexism will come up
Reply 18
how do people feel about applying assumptions to a behaviour? my teachers barely taught us it, one of my psychology teachers left half way through the year too so i’ve missed out on so much.
also how do people feel about the other components?

Yeah it’s my weakest area just because we weren’t taught it until last minute, I think I’ll just have to make it up when I’m comes up haha
Reply 19
hi i really am not sure but maybe myers and dienes and the cognitive classic study

Praying it’s not Myers

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending