The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The Clockwork Apple
Aargh I'm hating Complex Numbers
The questions with CIE are just so random when it comes to them
I'm scraping an 80% when doing past papers in raw marks :frown: At least I'm done with the FP modules. Going to tackle Mechanics now!

Ooh what stuff dya do in Cie mech?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rachelc142
Lol he does all the quantum mechanics in first year so yeah I will have him haha :tongue: I remember on the open day my mum was pointing behind me like "isn't that the bloke you like off the telly" and I obviously nearly **** myself thinking he's behind me and I turn and it's just a poster on the wall :facepalm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope, I've decided I'm possessing your body in your quantum mechanics lectures - no objections! :P

Haha, I would probably be jumping like a little kid in a candy store if that was me!
Original post by Princepieman
Nope, I've decided I'm possessing your body in your quantum mechanics lectures - no objections! :P

Haha, I would probably be jumping like a little kid in a candy store if that was me!

The phys undergrads were sayin that he has to do lectures at the university place/main lecture theatre because so many ppl turn up to them hahaha
I'd be pretty annoyed if I didn't get a seat because some random student just wanted to see brian cox

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ooh what stuff dya do in Cie mech?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's a combination of M1-M5
Looks pretty interesting! I'll be starting on Wednesday. Hopefully it'll be finished by early March. I really want to get Stats done by late March so I can focus on doing complete past papers though haha
By your posts I can tell you're not loving FP2, and I can completely relate. It's a nightmare (or at least my equivalent is!)
It's a combination of M1-M5
Looks pretty interesting! I'll be starting on Wednesday. Hopefully it'll be finished by early March. I really want to get Stats done by late March so I can focus on doing complete past papers though haha
By your posts I can tell you're not loving FP2, and I can completely relate. It's a nightmare (or at least my equivalent is!)

Jesus christ good luck man, although I'm sure you won't need it! My least favourite part of mechanics (bear in mind I only did up to m2) was centres of mass and statics. Yeah I am glad we finished stats early so I can just repeatedly do practice!
Yeah, ugh just makes me feel so stupid, hopefully it all comes together so I can get into Manchester!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Jesus christ good luck man, although I'm sure you won't need it! My least favourite part of mechanics (bear in mind I only did up to m2) was centres of mass and statics. Yeah I am glad we finished stats early so I can just repeatedly do practice!
Yeah, ugh just makes me feel so stupid, hopefully it all comes together so I can get into Manchester!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you haha!
And I think I'll need it. I just want to get straight to the past papers. So you've definitely firmed Manchester, congrats! I'm having my interview at Imperial in a couple week's time, and that's my first choice!
I really just want A levels to be over. My teachers keep telling me the first year of uni is a breeze compared to A levels!
Thank you haha!
And I think I'll need it. I just want to get straight to the past papers. So you've definitely firmed Manchester, congrats! I'm having my interview at Imperial in a couple week's time, and that's my first choice!
I really just want A levels to be over. My teachers keep telling me the first year of uni is a breeze compared to A levels!

Thanks! :biggrin: ooh good luck, I'm sure you'll be brill :smile: am so gutted I couldn't apply for imperial, I'm sure you'll have an amazing time!
I know what you mean. I'm worried for first year uni but I am infinitely glad that pure maths is essentially over this year. The thing I'm worried about mostly at uni is the one day a week I'll have to attend lecture/seminars etc that are all in French :frown: brain ache expected

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks! :biggrin: ooh good luck, I'm sure you'll be brill :smile: am so gutted I couldn't apply for imperial, I'm sure you'll have an amazing time!
I know what you mean. I'm worried for first year uni but I am infinitely glad that pure maths is essentially over this year. The thing I'm worried about mostly at uni is the one day a week I'll have to attend lecture/seminars etc that are all in French :frown: brain ache expected

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks! I'll definitely need luck in my interview haha
Oooh but learning in a different language sounds fascinating. I really hope I can learn a new language when I get to university (looking at Chinese, Russian or Hebrew).
Thanks! I'll definitely need luck in my interview haha
Oooh but learning in a different language sounds fascinating. I really hope I can learn a new language when I get to university (looking at Chinese, Russian or Hebrew).

Wow that would be cool, I did fancy Russian at one point! Yeah I have to do a certain amount of language prep per week for my year abroad but I think it will be a killer
What alphabet does Hebrew use? It's not roman is it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wow that would be cool, I did fancy Russian at one point! Yeah I have to do a certain amount of language prep per week for my year abroad but I think it will be a killer
What alphabet does Hebrew use? It's not roman is it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope! It's simply the Hebrew alphabet. Completely different to the Roman alphabet haha. I can read and write in Hebrew, so that's a plus, and I can participate in a basic conversation
Nope! It's simply the Hebrew alphabet. Completely different to the Roman alphabet haha. I can read and write in Hebrew, so that's a plus, and I can participate in a basic conversation

That's so cool omg :O you will have to teach me if you become fluent

Posted from TSR Mobile
That's so cool omg :O you will have to teach me if you become fluent

Posted from TSR Mobile

It would be very cool to become fluent! I love languages.
Anyway, I'm off to bed! We're an hour ahead here! Good night
It would be very cool to become fluent! I love languages.
Anyway, I'm off to bed! We're an hour ahead here! Good night

:smile: and me, best of luck with everything!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by _Caz_
Are you mei? I'm doing OCR mei fp3 at the moment. Vector calculus is the devil's work!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just realised I'd written vector calculus instead of vector geometry *face palm* :colondollar: sorry

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by _Caz_
Just realised I'd written vector calculus instead of vector geometry *face palm* :colondollar: sorry

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm struggling with C3/C4 let alone doing Further. :ashamed2:
Original post by Bluffroom

C4 is notably harder than c3 I'd say

Posted from TSR Mobile
C4 is notably harder than c3 I'd say

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think that's a given. Trig is my biggest problem. Not a fan.
I think that's a given. Trig is my biggest problem. Not a fan.

Ahhh I love trig! The only thing I've found a bit tricky in c4 is probs integration

Posted from TSR Mobile

C4 is still pretty darned tricky though
Do you guys ever feel stupid after something clicks and look back to yourself thinking 'how did I not get that...?'

Latest