The Student Room Group

Will my school still have my GCSE certificates?

I collected my results slip for GCSEs in August 2012 but nothing was ever said about certificates until I am trying to get a job and apparently they are required. It will be three years this August so I'm worried that they will not have them anymore - I understand it's my fault but I honestly had no idea
that we could get even get them.

Can I get EdExcel, AQA and OCR results sent to me from somewhere else if they no longer have them and what proof would I need to provide it's actually me? Thanks.
Original post by smittyjaja
I collected my results slip for GCSEs in August 2012 but nothing was ever said about certificates until I am trying to get a job and apparently they are required. It will be three years this August so I'm worried that they will not have them anymore - I understand it's my fault but I honestly had no idea that we could get even get them.

Can I get EdExcel, AQA and OCR results sent to me from somewhere else if they no longer have them and what proof would I need to provide it's actually me? Thanks.

After so long it is quite likely that school will have destroyed them but you will only find out by asking them. Contact the exams officer.
The examiners can send replacements, it's not cheap, they each have details of how to request them on their web sites.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 2
Visited today and they still had all of my certificates along with everyone else's unclaimed ones from my year group. Sigh of relief.
Lucky you
Good news :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
So I visited my school and they said that they are taking some time trying to find my results and prepare them does any one know how long this will take and if they will Defo have them as the school said they’d contact me and it closes on Wednesday this week for Christmas I am panicking now as I need them for my ucas
Original post by Vish79
So I visited my school and they said that they are taking some time trying to find my results and prepare them does any one know how long this will take and if they will Defo have them as the school said they’d contact me and it closes on Wednesday this week for Christmas I am panicking now as I need them for my ucas

How come you need them for UCAS?
Original post by MinaBee
How come you need them for UCAS?

Some Unis required them if they offer you an interview (before deciding upon an offer) - it's mainly Russell Group Uni's like Oxford, Cambridge, Manchester, Warwick.
Reply 7
Original post by Vish79

The school will have the results if you left in the last 7 years (or probably longer) but they are allowed to destroy the certificates if you haven't collectead them after a year. No idea how long they'd take - it depends who you talked to and how organised the school is about this.

Quick Reply

Latest