The Student Room Group

Do I have to put cancelled qualifications on UCAS?

So I'm studying in Ireland, and I was meant to sit the Irish Junior Certificate exam (which is equivalent to the GCSEs I believe)a few years back, but it was cancelled that year due to the pandemic and nobody sat it.

My question is that do I need to put that as a qualification in my UCAS application? I know that I haven't done it, but I also don't want to come across as not studied the subject material.
Original post by Oguz ALP
So I'm studying in Ireland, and I was meant to sit the Irish Junior Certificate exam (which is equivalent to the GCSEs I believe)a few years back, but it was cancelled that year due to the pandemic and nobody sat it.

My question is that do I need to put that as a qualification in my UCAS application? I know that I haven't done it, but I also don't want to come across as not studied the subject material.

You still studied the qualification you just didn't sit the exam due to it being cancelled due to COVID. Therefore, I'm pretty sure you are actually still required to list it, if it's part of your 14-18 education (if it was from before that then you wouldn't need to list it whether you did the exams or not).
Did you get awarded any grades or a certificate of completion?
Reply 3
As above - if you received formal final grades, even if they were teacher assessed grades because you didnt take the exams, you must declare them.
Reply 4
Original post by PQ
Did you get awarded any grades or a certificate of completion?

We proceeded with our regular end of year summer exams, which counted in place for the Junior Cert, although I didn't get anything close to a certificate
Reply 5
Original post by McGinger
As above - if you received formal final grades, even if they were teacher assessed grades because you didnt take the exams, you must declare them.

I am seeing an option labelled "No Gr" when it wants me to declare the grades. Should I go ahead with that or go with the unofficial end of year summer exams assessed by my teachers as you've said
Reply 6
I’m also wondering this what did u end up putting down?
Original post by doesnt
I’m also wondering this what did u end up putting down?

If you received any awarded grades, (even teacher awarded or centre awarded) then you must list it. Similarly if you got a a certificate of completion you should list it with no grade.

If you literally didn't get anything and weren't entered for it, then you can still list it to account for that time, again just put no grade awarded.

If you are unsure which of the above applies, just ask your school/college.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending