The Student Room Group
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

Online Portfolio for BA Photography at LCC

LCC emailed me today asking me to send them over a Flickr link/mini online portfolio with 10 images but I have no idea what to put in it. The email says both my online portfolio and physical portfolio has to include images and evidence of research but I don't know how to fit both images and scans of my research books in just 10 images!

Just wondered if anyone had any guidance on what to put in it or how to structure it! :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Having the same problem with the online portfolio. I hope it is just the 10 images.
Did you manage to get any more information?
(edited 9 years ago)
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by crysostom
Having the same problem with the online portfolio. I hope it is just the 10 images.
Did you manage to get any more information?

Nope I didnt, I was advised by my college tutor to put 10 images in, and then add on planning pages and dont class them under the 10, apart from that I have no idea!
Original post by yvetteprest
Nope I didnt, I was advised by my college tutor to put 10 images in, and then add on planning pages and dont class them under the 10, apart from that I have no idea!

I just replied to the email we got, and 'leah' responded saying that we submit 10 images with a sample of written work online, then we bring the research/planning pages to the interview along with the 20. They're a bit unspecific about it all. how do you get your written work to be in the same link as the pictures?
Reply 4
I just replied to the email we got, and 'leah' responded saying that we submit 10 images with a sample of written work online, then we bring the research/planning pages to the interview along with the 20. They're a bit unspecific about it all. how do you get your written work to be in the same link as the pictures?

Right okay that makes sense, I'm unsure I didn't think it was possible to upload a word document to Flickr? Maybe scan in the written work, and upload the scans of it, I think that's what I'll do
Right okay that makes sense, I'm unsure I didn't think it was possible to upload a word document to Flickr? Maybe scan in the written work, and upload the scans of it, I think that's what I'll do

Yeah it isn't possible to do that. I've got typed up work. But I think I'm going to use a dropbox link for it all. Is there a deadline?
Reply 6
Yeah it isn't possible to do that. I've got typed up work. But I think I'm going to use a dropbox link for it all. Is there a deadline?

I emailed them a few days ago asking, they said there's no official deadline but submit it in the next few weeks :smile:
I emailed them a few days ago asking, they said there's no official deadline but submit it in the next few weeks :smile:

okay cool. cheers!
having the same problem but they did say it could be a website if you have one and well i upload photos to my tumblr along with research so tempted to submit that instead
Reply 9
Applied a couple of days before the ucas deadline and they haven't even asked me for a portfolio yet! When I applied to photojournalism last year it was just 15 images
Reply 10
Original post by Jmiseroy
Applied a couple of days before the ucas deadline and they haven't even asked me for a portfolio yet! When I applied to photojournalism last year it was just 15 images

It took about 3 weeks for them to reply to me and I applied mid December, they probably have so many applications to work through so I wouldn't worry!!
Reply 11
It took about 3 weeks for them to reply to me and I applied mid December, they probably have so many applications to work through so I wouldn't worry!!

I hope so! Facilities are amazing! Gave up the opportunity to go last year because of money problems but decided that I'd rather be happy in London!
Reply 12
I hope so! Facilities are amazing! Gave up the opportunity to go last year because of money problems but decided that I'd rather be happy in London!

I went to an open day and completely fell in love with it but I'm so nervous as they have so many applicants but not a lot of spaces
Reply 13
I went to an open day and completely fell in love with it but I'm so nervous as they have so many applicants but not a lot of spaces

What are your predicted grades? They help
Reply 14
What are your predicted grades? They help

I'm doing a foundation year at the moment and I think I'm predicted a distinction, not entirely sure the college I'm at at the moment isn't very useful
Reply 15
You should be fine! I'm hoping my grades are good enough.
Reply 16
You should be fine! I'm hoping my grades are good enough.

Have you applied for photography or photojournalism?? :smile:
Reply 17
Photography this year, want to go back to broader based stuff. I do a lot of conceptual stuff that doesn't really fit with photojournalism
Reply 18
Photography this year, want to go back to broader based stuff. I do a lot of conceptual stuff that doesn't really fit with photojournalism

Ah yeah that sounds like me! I was torn between the two
Reply 19
It's a great degree for some people but it just ended up sucking my creativity out of me! My last few photo sets haven't been useable for my course so I just decided reapplying somewhere else would reap better results

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending