The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Heey!

I would like to get an

A/B in History which I'm sorta ify and but'y I'll get, the highest I've achieved in History was a B.

An A in Science ( Physics, Chem and Biology ), again the highest I've achieved in Science is a B

I'm sort of a Straight B student 😳

I'd like to at the least get a B in Maths but would also be happy to get a C because I'm not a math whiz.

I'd like to get a B at the least in Business Studies hopefully.

I'd like to get a A* in Health and Social Care, my highest was a A.

To put it short, I'd like B-A's in all of my subject Maths being C-B as the university that I plan to go to requires AABB or AAAB
Hi, my interest is to become a Physic A-Level Teacher, so I would like
to get A* in Combined Science and A in Maths (homeschooled for science
but not Maths) and A in English.
Reply 82
I'm hoping to achieve A* Physics
A* maths/mechanics and A chemistry :smile: currently doing As' in these subjects so I'm aiming for mostly A's :redface:
Good evening Sir:

I am currently studying for my GCSEs in May/June this year, and I am currently taking:

Spoiler

Would a screenshot of my progress review (which has my mock grades and predictions) suffice?

Theoretical Goal: All A*s to truly honour myself and my Asian family.

Practical Goal: 10 A*s or over would still be nice!
(edited 9 years ago)
Physics, currently getting As - really need to get that up to an A*.
Currently studying for my GCSEs, I'd definitely like to get;

Maths - A* - I won't settle for less since it's my favourite subject, I keep on getting As with no revision and I assume if I put the effort in, I will get the A*. My sixth form also mandates that I get an A to take Maths and an A* to take Further Maths so..
Physics - A/A* - I'd be happy with both, although the latter would be better.
Chemistry - A/A* - See Physics
Biology - A* - Easiest science, I'd like an A*.
English Language - A - Currently hitting Bs, really need to step up my game.
History - A - COURSEWORK PLEASE.
Drama - B - I'll hit this but it's sooooo hard to get an A in Drama that I've practically given up on it. The mark disparity between A and B is way too much.

The rest will be a bonus :biggrin:.
I need to work on AS and A2 Psychology bc I failed my AS and I'm at an E on my A2 after mocks :/ I need to get to an A for university ( I can get proof of my mock/current grades on Monday)
(edited 9 years ago)
Please may I join? :smile: I got A* English Lang A* English lit A* French A History A chemistry A biology B geography B maths B physics :-/ im aiming for A*s in both English French chemistry biology history and geography and A in maths and physics. And also an A in further maths
I would really like to join as well since I miserably crashed in my AS exams and I know that it wasn't because I was stupid, but because I didn't revise properly and thought it'd be as easy as GCSE's ( even with the constant A LEVELS ARE MUCH HARDER lectures x'D)

So my aims and goals for this year ( retakes and A2) are:
Biology AS: A
Biology A2: A( hopefully but a B is ok too)
Psychology AS: A
Psychology A2: A*/A (an A I would be really happy in because I love the A2 topics we are studying at the momez xD

I'm kinda confused tho, so do you you just message here and wait for the study mod to reply to this message? .-. Ty ☺️
yes i def want to enter!

my aim is A/A* for both Biology and Chemistry AS level.

Really need the grades this year! :smile:
I really want to achieve A*'s in my nine remaining GCSE's, which are : biology, chemistry, french, maths, english lang and english lit, geography, business studies and religious studies. I know different grades are desirable to different people and I don't want to sound idiotic but these are my actual target grades.
I wish every one else on here the best of luck, you will all do fabulously!

P.s this is my first post on here, so hi everyone!!

Spoiler

Hey everyone! :h: Puddles will get round to sending you a PM soon, either tomorrow or possibly on Monday :smile: You can start your blog before then if you want :biggrin: You can ask me any questions you have too, and if you want any help with your subjects :yep: Best of luck!
Hello,

Overall I was hoping of getting A's in physics and further maths, and getting a B in chemistry AS. At the moment i haven't passed one test this year, and I really think i going to fail. I got an A in chemistry at GCSE so I know I can do it, it's just finding confidence and motivation which is why this sounds great.

Spoiler

These all sound like great goals everyone! :biggrin: As with my previous lot of quotes, Puddles will send you a PM to verify your grades, but you don't need to wait for that to start :smile: You can start your blog any time from now, and keep us updated on there :smile: If anyone has any more questions about how this competition is working, please send me a PM :awesome: I'll be on hand if anyone needs any study or revision tips too
This sounds great I'm currently working on my A-Levels - English Lit, Biology and History. I have offers of 280 so need ACC or BBC! May not seem as high as some of the people on here but its going to be hard for me considering my AS grades, some of which I will resitting. Got AEE! So I guess what my main goal is to get into my top choice and get the grades I need and maybe this will give me the motivation I need... hopefully!
Reply 95
This sound perfect for me: in November 2013 I was diagnosed with cancer and missed by gcse's in year 11. I really need the extra help I'm in year 12 now and I am currently taking 2 subjects and I am in school part time.

My goals:
I would like to get at least A's in both sociology and English language and literature!

Also how do I pm puddles the monkey?
Reply 96
I would love to start a blog here! I am on a gap year and preparing to sit for all the exams in Philosophy A-level, as well as A2 of Mathematics. My goal is 2 As.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Katniss15
Hello,

Overall I was hoping of getting A's in physics and further maths, and getting a B in chemistry AS. At the moment i haven't passed one test this year, and I really think i going to fail. I got an A in chemistry at GCSE so I know I can do it, it's just finding confidence and motivation which is why this sounds great.

Original post by ElleM1407
This sounds great I'm currently working on my A-Levels - English Lit, Biology and History. I have offers of 280 so need ACC or BBC! May not seem as high as some of the people on here but its going to be hard for me considering my AS grades, some of which I will resitting. Got AEE! So I guess what my main goal is to get into my top choice and get the grades I need and maybe this will give me the motivation I need... hopefully!

Original post by bmlc98
This sound perfect for me: in November 2013 I was diagnosed with cancer and missed by gcse's in year 11. I really need the extra help I'm in year 12 now and I am currently taking 2 subjects and I am in school part time.

My goals:
I would like to get at least A's in both sociology and English language and literature!

Also how do I pm puddles the monkey?

Original post by benq
I would love to start a blog here! I am on a gap year and preparing to sit for all the exams in Philosophy A-level, as well as A2 of Mathematics. My goal is 2 As.

These all sound great guys :yep: Remember you don't need to wait for Puddles to verify your grades to start your blog :smile: You can either PM her from her profile HERE, or wait for her to PM you (probably on Monday)

Best of luck to you guys, looking forward to seeing your blogs :yep:
So many entries here! It's looking good :h:
I'm in Year 13 and had my heart set on Medicine. My AS grades were average but not good enough to apply for medicine. So I didn't apply for uni this year so plan to take a gap year. I'm hoping to get an A in Chemistry but got a D in my mock. The whole class failed. An A* in Biology and Psychology. I'm mainly worried about Chemistry it just seems impossible to get an A even though I'm retaking AS. *sigh*.

Latest

Trending

Trending