The Student Room Group

gyg: nia's fatal-4-way match against a levels ❀

welcome to nia's fatal-4-way match against her a levels! who will come out victorious?

i've seen a lot of people make these to motivate them to study daily, and figured i would join as a-levels approach!

i'm nia and i am a year 13 student (god help me), doing maths, further maths, physics and chem!

i've applied to do electrical and electronic engineering at university; i've applied to imperial, ucl, manchester, southampton, and bristol, and already have offers from the final three!! waiting on imperial after my interview and ucl is just taking its good old time...

some non-academic things about me: i love the weeknd, wwe, tea, red, classical piano music, and sunny days!

my goals for a levels are 2A* (maths, fm) and 2As minimum, but ideally i would like 4 A*s, i just don't know how realistic that is, especially since i've gotten so burnt out since january mocks ended. in this gyg blog, hopefully, if i'm consistent enough, i'll post daily updates on what i've gotten done in the day, as well as interesting things that go on in my life, to keep you guys entertained.

i should hopefully update for the first time around 8-9pm!!
(edited 1 month ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by miss_nia

welcome to nia's fatal-4-way match against her a levels! who will come out victorious?

i've seen a lot of people make these to motivate them to study daily, and figured i would join as a-levels approach!
i'm nia and i am a year 13 student (god help me), doing maths, further maths, physics and chem!
i've applied to do electrical and electronic engineering at university; i've applied to imperial, ucl, manchester, southampton, and bristol, and already have offers from the final three!! waiting on imperial after my interview and ucl is just taking its good old time...
some non-academic things about me: i love the weeknd, wwe, tea, red, classical piano music, and sunny days!
my goals for a levels are 2A* (maths, fm) and 2As minimum, but ideally i would like 4 A*s, i just don't know how realistic that is, especially since i've gotten so burnt out since january mocks ended. in this gyg blog, hopefully, if i'm consistent enough, i'll post daily updates on what i've gotten done in the day, as well as interesting things that go on in my life, to keep you guys entertained.

welcome to gyg!! goodluck with your studies and congratulations on your offers 💗💗
Welcome to GYG! You take 3 out of my 4 a levels (fourth being bio) so I will be following to see how you cope with them all in y13 as an already stressed out y12 😂 And I'm sure you can get 4A*s
Reply 3
Original post by prettylil.thing
welcome to gyg!! goodluck with your studies and congratulations on your offers 💗💗
thank u sm!! <3
Reply 4
Original post by study23!
Welcome to GYG! You take 3 out of my 4 a levels (fourth being bio) so I will be following to see how you cope with them all in y13 as an already stressed out y12 😂 And I'm sure you can get 4A*s
welcome aboard !! i could not do bio for my life i had to swap it for fm BAHA

thank you!!

HI AND WELCOME TO GYG.

I also take chem for a levels. I really hope you can get those 4 A*s.
Also I loveeeeee classical piano music too lmoa, its so calming and fun for no reason and just really calms me. I used to watch WWE with my big brother all the time. I heard they bought the rock back and made him a sort of bad guy, which was a huge shocker to me. But the sunny days I have a kind of love hate relationship with. I only like sunny days if I am going somewhere but otherwise I would prefer if it stays back lol.

But I shall follow along with your journey and also tag some people who most likely will too. x
@milktee @emm4nuella @AspiringSurvivor @wkstudy @kayleigh_t.27 @halfharry
Reply 6
Original post by Tatakae L
HI AND WELCOME TO GYG.

Also I loveeeeee classical piano music too lmoa, its so calming and fun for no reason and just really calms me. I used to watch WWE with my big brother all the time. I heard they bought the rock back and made him a sort of bad guy, which was a huge shocker to me. But the sunny days I have a kind of love hate relationship with. I only like sunny days if I am going somewhere but otherwise I would prefer if it stays back lol.

But I shall follow along with your journey and also tag some people who most likely will too. x
thank you!! i took a lot of inspiration from your gyg and a lot of those other users' ones so i really appreciate this!!

fr classical music is so calming!! start watching wwe again it's fr lifechanging imo (not to sound biased), and the rock is def back, and makes the shows so entertaining! sunny day thing i get, it's not really that deep if i'm stuck at home all day, however if i'm working, and the sun is shining on my desk, and the sky is blue, i get like 1% more motivation to work, and i'm clinging onto all the motivation i can get !!!
Reply 7
day 1 update:

i did around 2 hours of decision further maths today! i did a topic i typically struggle on (critical path analysis) and i got the questions right which was nice

i did an hour of physics: lenz's law and faraday's law, and i will say i'm starting to really understand how magnetic fields work!

i can't really do much more today as it's almost dinner time and i'm gonna chill for the rest of the evening (i overslept by an entire hour this morning so it's safe to say i have to sleep earlier and not work until 10pm and watch yt until 11 LMFAO)

song of the day: x - metro boomin and 21 savage

favourite thing that happened today? - actually understanding lenz's law, and finishing chemistry content at school! also my outfit was looking really snazzy today if i do say so myself

see y'all tomorrow, (but i'll probably be on tsr again today on all of your gygs it's my new fave passtime)

nia <3
thank you!! i took a lot of inspiration from your gyg and a lot of those other users' ones so i really appreciate this!!

fr classical music is so calming!! start watching wwe again it's fr lifechanging imo (not to sound biased), and the rock is def back, and makes the shows so entertaining! sunny day thing i get, it's not really that deep if i'm stuck at home all day, however if i'm working, and the sun is shining on my desk, and the sky is blue, i get like 1% more motivation to work, and i'm clinging onto all the motivation i can get !!!
aww thank youuu.

and yesss i agree to all of the points, even the sunny day slightly, as long as its not burning hot lmaoo

welcome to gyg!! <3

Welcome to gyg! I'm a fan of the weeknd and sunny days too! Can't wait to follow your journey x

Thanks for the tag @Tatakae L <3
Original post by kayleigh_t.27
Welcome to gyg! I'm a fan of the weeknd and sunny days too! Can't wait to follow your journey x

ofc my love <333 PRSOM
Reply 12
aww thank youuu.

and yesss i agree to all of the points, even the sunny day slightly, as long as its not burning hot lmaoo
realll🤞🤞
Reply 13
Original post by erin11
welcome to gyg!! <3
thank youu!!<3
Reply 14
Original post by kayleigh_t.27

thanks!! <3 what's ur fave weeknd song?
HI AND WELCOME TO GYG.

Thanks for the tag my lovely!
day 1 update:

i did around 2 hours of decision further maths today! i did a topic i typically struggle on (critical path analysis) and i got the questions right which was nice

i did an hour of physics: lenz's law and faraday's law, and i will say i'm starting to really understand how magnetic fields work!

i can't really do much more today as it's almost dinner time and i'm gonna chill for the rest of the evening (i overslept by an entire hour this morning so it's safe to say i have to sleep earlier and not work until 10pm and watch yt until 11 LMFAO)

song of the day: x - metro boomin and 21 savage

favourite thing that happened today? - actually understanding lenz's law, and finishing chemistry content at school! also my outfit was looking really snazzy today if i do say so myself

see y'all tomorrow, (but i'll probably be on tsr again today on all of your gygs it's my new fave passtime)

nia <3
Fellow yr13+ gyg(er) Good luck with all your revision, hoping we all stay consistent and get those grades! Excited to follow ur gyg :yep:
Reply 16
Original post by AspiringSurvivor
Fellow yr13+ gyg(er) Good luck with all your revision, hoping we all stay consistent and get those grades! Excited to follow ur gyg :yep:
thank youuu!! we can do this frfr 🤞🤞
Original post by AspiringSurvivor
ofc ofc my love
Reply 18
good morning yalll! <3

i acc woke up on time today so thank god for that

today is a chill (ish) day at school:

p1: maths

p2: further maths

p3: physics

p4: chem

p5: cas (meaning i get to sing and play piano for an hour!!)

in terms of goals in school today: i want to skip ahead and start chapter 10 in pure maths (i've only just realised how behind our class actually is, and since i've already done integration in further maths im just gonna skip it😭) we're on the road to not finishing the course until after easter and i want to be done by next weekend/in 2 ish weeks time so i can focus on my other 3

today i think is the final teaching lesson of core pure further maths, which is exciting

tasks: (according to my study timetable)

start numerical methods (ch10)

continue lenz's and faraday's law revision

do further mechanics revision (chapter 3 and chapter 5) - mixed exercises

revise some medical physics !

have a blessed day ❤️
good morning yalll! <3
i acc woke up on time today so thank god for that
today is a chill (ish) day at school:

p1: maths

p2: further maths

p3: physics

p4: chem

p5: cas (meaning i get to sing and play piano for an hour!!)

in terms of goals in school today: i want to skip ahead and start chapter 10 in pure maths (i've only just realised how behind our class actually is, and since i've already done integration in further maths im just gonna skip it😭) we're on the road to not finishing the course until after easter and i want to be done by next weekend/in 2 ish weeks time so i can focus on my other 3
today i think is the final teaching lesson of core pure further maths, which is exciting
tasks: (according to my study timetable)

start numerical methods (ch10)

continue lenz's and faraday's law revision

do further mechanics revision (chapter 3 and chapter 5) - mixed exercises

revise some medical physics !

have a blessed day ❤️
Good luck with all of your tasks today my love <3

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending