The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Will I get into halls?

Recently I got an offer from QMUL and I want to live in halls as my house is no environment for studying. would in get into halls considering it takes around 7 stops from Royal Oak so all in all around 40 minutes but i cant exaggerate enough that my house is not an appropriate environment for studying and I would explain that to the residents team at QM if they was to reject me from halls, but what would Qm allow me to live in halls?
Reply 1
Original post by LeKyleRemzi
Recently I got an offer from QMUL and I want to live in halls as my house is no environment for studying. would in get into halls considering it takes around 7 stops from Royal Oak so all in all around 40 minutes but i cant exaggerate enough that my house is not an appropriate environment for studying and I would explain that to the residents team at QM if they was to reject me from halls, but what would Qm allow me to live in halls?

Generally if you're living in a London borough, it'll be a slim chance
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

For QM, its no unless you meet certain conditions such as having a disability for example/
Reply 3
Original post by Iqbal007
For QM, its no unless you meet certain conditions such as having a disability for example/

but what if i specifically explain to them that my current accommodation is not an appropriate environment for studying at university?
Reply 4
but what if i specifically explain to them that my current accommodation is not an appropriate environment for studying at university?

It'll come across as you lacking discipline...

You'll probably just be informed that the library is open from 8am-midnight during the week, and 1-8pm on the weekends. There's silent study space there.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by Tappouni
It'll come across as you lacking discipline...

You'll probably just be informed that the library is open from 8am-midnight during the week, and 1-8pm on the weekends. There's silent study space there.

So do you think that my best bet is trying to find private accommodation near the campus or..?
Reply 6
So do you think that my best bet is trying to find private accommodation near the campus or..?

That's your best bet, won't be that cheap but probably the only viable alternative to being at home.

There's Scape & Unite properties nearby, and I think in Bethnal Green there's a few halls too, which isn't far from campus.

Original post by Tappouni
That's your best bet, won't be that cheap but probably the only viable alternative to being at home.

There's Scape & Unite properties nearby, and I think in Bethnal Green there's a few halls too, which isn't far from campus.

Those halls are really expensive....just get a place nearby, Jamaica street has a lot students, expect to pay around the £130+ bracket weekly including bills.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending