The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

No accommodation for KCL

Anyone else struggling with getting accommodation in halls for KCL. Had an email saying that it’s unlikely they’ll have accommodation and I should look for private accommodation- I really don’t want that as I’ve been told that hall life is part of the fun at Uni!
Hall life is a fun part of uni but what's not fun? Not having any accommodation at all, private accommodation can be fun if you get a house share or private accommodation halls, there are private accommodation flats that you can share with people, or have next to people and still get that hall experience
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by Bonilin2023
Hall life is a fun part of uni but what's not fun? Not having any accommodation at all, private accommodation can be fun if you get a house share or private accommodation halls, there are private accommodation flats that you can share with people, or have next to people and still get that hall experience

Thanks for replying. I’m starting in first year so don’t know anyone to share with. Was going to make loads of friends in hall. Thinking of asking to defer. Looked at private halls available but don’t have £450/ week to spend on accommodation!
Original post by AMS2004
Thanks for replying. I’m starting in first year so don’t know anyone to share with. Was going to make loads of friends in hall. Thinking of asking to defer. Looked at private halls available but don’t have £450/ week to spend on accommodation!

I’m a second year at kcl in September and believe me when I say the people u met in halls you’ll go clubbing with for a week and never see again. The most friends will be course friends/ societies as you’ll see them a lot (usually). If u really want to go, try looking on spare student rooms (much more affordable) or look for people on here to Flatshare. If you don’t like that, I understand, I’m much more comfortable at accommodation. Just know that it’s not ur fault you probs won’t find accom, it’s kings and their terrible admin. All is not lost, keep trying!
Original post by AMS2004

Have you applied with SFE? being in accom in London means you're able to get a lot more than people outside London and that will really help with the accom price,

also, you defer if you want to and you feel its right for you, do as you want

I think you misunderstood, you don't need to bring anyone to houseshares or private accom halls, they work the same as a hall, with strangers so you'll be able to make a lot of new friends with flatmates or housemates. and you'll always make friends within your course.
Reply 5
Thanks for relying both of you. That was really helpful.
Reply 6
are you first year? i was on the portal a couple hours ago and saw a good amount of GDSA en suites and Bonham carter rooms. good luck :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest