The Student Room Group

Mechanical engineering apprenticeship Cover letter!!!

Hey, if you guys could take some time to have a quick look through this and tell me what you think of it. I'm applying for a Mechanical engineering apprenticeship for a large international company that has a base near to where I live and I'm just wondering if this cover letter is fit to be sent off having spent the entire afternoon/evening on it. Feedback is much appreciated!!

Name, address
and contact details here
Dear Sir/Madam,

I am writing to apply for the vacancy of Mechanical Apprentice at X Company as advertised on the National Apprenticeship website. Having had a lifelong interest in engineering from doing work experience in a garage, participating in motorsport to reading up on projects such as the Burj Khalifa in Dubai, I am anxious to turn this lifelong passion into a career.

Since completing my A levels I have been working as an assistant at the X Hotel Ltd. This role has taught me many valuable skills such as teamwork, organisation and problem solving. Part of my duties include the organisation of a X strong golf buggy fleet. I am expected to note and report faults and carry out basic mechanical maintenance such as changing the wheels. However, the only other mechanical device I get involved with is the industrial dishwasher which I must strip down and clean on a daily basis.

The nature of the job means that I often work under my own initiative and I have to be self-motivated in order to carry out the tasks required to a high standard. This has helped to develop my eye for detail and order, for example various store cupboards had been allowed to get into total disarray and I took it upon myself to clear out the rubbish and organise the sporting equipment so that it was checked to see if it was fit for use and enabled us to find the appropriate equipment and set up for activities quicker.

Thank you for taking the time to consider my application and I look forward to hearing from you in the near future.

Yours Sincerely
John Doe
Reply 1
Yeah, some feedback would be great
Reply 2
Sounds good to me. Assuming you have the necessary qualifications, I'd be surprised if you didn't get through to the testing stages. Definitely play on your teamwork skills and your work experience in a garage.
Reply 3
Original post by Geezajob
Sounds good to me. Assuming you have the necessary qualifications, I'd be surprised if you didn't get through to the testing stages. Definitely play on your teamwork skills and your work experience in a garage.

Ok thanks for that man! :smile:
Reply 4
how did it go, did you get the apprenticeship?
Reply 5
Can i get a simple model cover letter for apperntiship training

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending