The Student Room Group

Official Vacation Scheme Thread 2015!!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1740
Hi, has anyone done a (Mishcon or otherwise) video interview? Never done one before so I don't know what to expect. Is it automated? Competency based? Any help much appreciated!
Original post by TrainingChopeful
Good luck! When did you apply?

Not yesterday the day before :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Had CC assessment centre today. No idea whether it went brilliantly or awfully.
Original post by leumas9
Not yesterday the day before :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks! I think that's a PFO for me then ha!
Nabarro AC invite.
Original post by liarpoker
Nabarro AC invite.

Congrats! When did they invite you and when did you do the video interview?
Original post by leumas9
Hey, do you have any idea what to expect from the video interview? I just received an invitation for application from them about 20 minutes ago and I'm quite nervous now! I wonder if they will ask us more about ourselves or instead about the firm?

Good luck with your interview :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey, to be honest, no clue what to expect! Their written application is not much to go off is it hah! I am guessing competency based as my other video interview is that (Irwin Mitchell) but I think I will prepare basic questions too eg commercial awareness as somebody mentioned above ! When are you doing yours? Thank you, good luck with yours too!
Original post by footchemllab
Congrats! When did they invite you and when did you do the video interview?

Sat the video interview on the 26th and got the AC invite today, our applications/ints are definitely overlapping haha.
(edited 9 years ago)
No need for people to worry about video interviews as much as they seem to be.

Thanks for your input on video interviews! Makes me feel a bit better for them now, my telephone interviews were awful last year! I see you passed your second video interview? Congrats!!
Original post by LawStudent30
Hey, to be honest, no clue what to expect! Their written application is not much to go off is it hah! I am guessing competency based as my other video interview is that (Irwin Mitchell) but I think I will prepare basic questions too eg commercial awareness as somebody mentioned above ! When are you doing yours? Thank you, good luck with yours too!

I was overjoyed with the written app, really straight forward but then this has left me quite stumped for the interview! I was maybe going to annotate a copy of my CV and then do some research about recent cases etc so I'm not left stumped on any of the more specific questions. I'm probably going to do it late on the 1st or early on the 2nd to try and give myself as much time to prepare. I feel a bit disadvantaged by being given such short notice, but c'est la vie!

Do you happen to know if we get to rerecord our answers or not? I'm hoping it's not too brutal!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sat the video interview on the 26th and got the AC invite today, our applications/ints are definitely overlapping haha.

I know haha, such crossover! I did my video interview on Monday as well, hoping I hear back soon! Good luck with yours, when's the AC?
PFO from Nabarro - Appplied on 15th Jan :frown:
Does anyone have tips for the Latham interview? (:
Original post by waza_11
PFO from Nabarro - Appplied on 15th Jan :frown:

Really sorry to hear that. Did you do a video interview?
Original post by footchemllab
I know haha, such crossover! I did my video interview on Monday as well, hoping I hear back soon! Good luck with yours, when's the AC?

There was a choice of two dates 12th Feb and 13th.

Where else are you waiting on?
Original post by tkyomilk
Does anyone have tips for the Latham interview? (:

Do you mind me asking when you applied and when they got back to you? Thanks :smile:
any tips on Nabarro online video assessment? thanks!
Reply 1757
Anyone heard from RPC post VRT?
Any one done the situational test for Wragge Lawrence Graham and Co.
I'm assuming it would be multiple choice and along the lines of 'if you were a trainee what would you do in this situation?'
Hey Guys,

To anybody applying to the DLA Piper Vac Scheme - do you think it is sufficient in the "interests/activities" question to simply put a list/bullet points? With the word count being 50 words I'm thinking they're not looking for detail.

Any help appreciated :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending