The Student Room Group

Official Vacation Scheme Thread 2015!!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TrainingChopeful
Yup :smile: going to try send one more before the 31st deadline (a few firms I am applying to have February deadlines) how many have you got to do?

just one more, will send that tomorrow. if you don't mind me asking what firms have a February deadline?
Original post by electro14
just one more, will send that tomorrow. if you don't mind me asking what firms have a February deadline?

I think Penningtons Manches, Bevan Brittan, Taylor Vinters all have Feb deadlines :smile: I'm also applying for some straight TC applications with deadlines in March and July

Edit: I've just check and Blake Morgan has a March deadline
(edited 9 years ago)
Does anyone know if you can rerecord the answers to video interviews or is it one go? Also is there anyone on the other side of the screen or is it just computer generated?
Anyone heard anything at all from slaughters post interview
Hey
Does anyone have any advice for video interviews?
I have one with Samsung coming up and have never done one before!
Thanks
Original post by HoneyBee67
Hey
Thanks

If you scroll back there was some excellent advice on them. I just can't remember which page, sorry!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HoneyBee67
Hey
Thanks

Oh, and congrats!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone happen to know when the dates for the HSF Vac schemes are?

Posted from TSR Mobile
CMS sent me a message saying I have been "invited to a first interview" - is that the assessment centre? Does anyone know?
Original post by sg7402a
Does anyone know if you can rerecord the answers to video interviews or is it one go? Also is there anyone on the other side of the screen or is it just computer generated?

In the one I did, you could rerecord the practice question over and over, but you only had one shot at the real thing.

There was no person actually on the other end, but it played a clip of someone asking a question, who then vanished while I answered.
Original post by xLittleMissyx
CMS sent me a message saying I have been "invited to a first interview" - is that the assessment centre? Does anyone know?

I think so, I guess what they're saying is it's the first interview stage for obtaining a training contract. The second interview for the training contract is an assessment centre during the vacation scheme.
Finally received my PFO from Shearman, it's been a good few months since I sent my application off!
Original post by ULawAJ
In the one I did, you could rerecord the practice question over and over, but you only had one shot at the real thing.

There was no person actually on the other end, but it played a clip of someone asking a question, who then vanished while I answered.

Thank you so much!
Does anyone have any advice for answering this question:

If you could select one incident in your life which best illustrates your character and personality what would it be and why?

I'm unsure whether my answer properly answers the question since I'm not really sure what it's looking for.

Any help would be much appreciated :smile:
Original post by welshforever92
Does anyone have any advice for answering this question:

If you could select one incident in your life which best illustrates your character and personality what would it be and why?

I'm unsure whether my answer properly answers the question since I'm not really sure what it's looking for.

Any help would be much appreciated :smile:

Do they have their core values on their firm's website? If so I would make sure I picked an incident that showed off most of those.
Original post by Omiclops
hey when did you apply? I applied early Jan and still haven't heard anything

I applied on the day of the deadline - I've seen a few rejections on the board so I would take no news as good news! Hope you hear soon
(edited 9 years ago)
If a firm recruits on a 'rolling' basis, does that mean that they will send rejections out as they read applications or do some wait until after the deadline?

I've applied to a couple of firms and haven't heard of any rejections yet only interviews for people who applied after me
Anyone heard back from latham vac or freshfields TC? I applied near the early jan deadline for both....
Reply 1798
Any advice or knowledge on Olswang AC? The idea of a commercial awareness discussion makes me very nervous haha
Original post by TrainingChopeful
If a firm recruits on a 'rolling' basis, does that mean that they will send rejections out as they read applications or do some wait until after the deadline?

I've applied to a couple of firms and haven't heard of any rejections yet only interviews for people who applied after me

I'm kind of puzzled about this as well - I applied to Olswang quite a while ago, who I think review on a rolling basis, but I've not heard anything from them even though the deadline has passed - not a PFO nor a phone interview, nothing at all! I don't know whether to take this as an unsuccessful application or if it has yet to be reviewed, but I see people are being invited to ACs!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending