The Student Room Group

Economics applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Skill Twix
Unsuccessful application from Bristol.They've recommended me courses though! :frown:
Is the recommendation of courses suggest that they did like my application a bit?

did they give you an offer for other courses then?what are your stats? sorry to hear that btw :/
Reply 2801
Unsuccessful application from Bristol.They've recommended me courses though! :frown:
Is the recommendation of courses suggest that they did like my application a bit?

So sorry to hear that!:frown: Did they recommend any courses you're interested in?
Original post by imlisa1996
did they give you an offer for other courses then?what are your stats? sorry to hear that btw :/

I got A and 3 B's at AS levels.Predicted A*AB
They've recommended me to apply for them and I'd get an offer!
Original post by sr-96
So sorry to hear that!:frown: Did they recommend any courses you're interested in?

Not really!I'd go for Economics and Management!I've got an offer from Notts!So I'd firm them!
I got A and 3 B's at AS levels.Predicted A*AB
They've recommended me to apply for them and I'd get an offer!

which courses? like similar to econ? i say go for it :smile:
Reply 2805
Not really!I'd go for Economics and Management!I've got an offer from Notts!So I'd firm them!

You're sorted then!:wink:
Original post by imlisa1996
which courses? like similar to econ? i say go for it :smile:

Economics and Management,Economics and Accounting
Original post by sr-96
You're sorted then!:wink:

I can sense a rejection from Warwick!
Reply 2807
Economics and Management,Economics and Accounting

I can sense a rejection from Warwick!

There's still hope! They are taking ages to reply though :frown:
Original post by sr-96
There's still hope! They are taking ages to reply though :frown:

Hopefully!
Good luck!
Reply 2809
I got conditional offers from Leicester, Aston (Economics and Management), Swansea and UWE. Just waiting for a response from Reading.
Original post by `Jts
I got conditional offers from Leicester, Aston (Economics and Management), Swansea and UWE. Just waiting for a response from Reading.

Well done!Who's your firm and insurance?
Reply 2811
Original post by chiara97
12 offers per place for L100

Where did you get that from? Because 217*12=2604 and theres only 3000 applicants for L100 and L101 combined, meaning success rate would be over 87%! Do you mean 1.2 rather than 12?
Original post by JPD96
Where did you get that from? Because 217*12=2604 and theres only 3000 applicants for L100 and L101 combined, meaning success rate would be over 87%! Do you mean 1.2 rather than 12?

Sorry I meant 12 applications per offer so the success rate would be 8 %!! And for those who get an offer not everybody goes to UCL! I found it in the undergraduate prospectus-2015 entry
Reply 2813
Original post by chiara97
Sorry I meant 12 applications per offer so the success rate would be 8 %!! And for those who get an offer not everybody goes to UCL! I found it in the undergraduate prospectus-2015 entry

Thats applicants per place, not applicants per offer. I want to know applicants per offer- so if you apply what are the chances of getting an offer- because universities give out more offers than places
Original post by JPD96
Thats applicants per place, not applicants per offer. I want to know applicants per offer- so if you apply what are the chances of getting an offer- because universities give out more offers than places

I am a first year studying Econ at UCL and I've been helping out at the open days where you guys are given offers. If I am not mistaken there are 5 open days with 80 people invited to each one, so assuming that everyone who is invited actually attends (not very likely), there are approximately 400 offers given to UK students. Then since the international rate for Econ is approximately 50%, if we just assume that 400 offers are given to international students too.

So as a VERY rough estimate, there are about 800 offers given out, and 3000 applicants. So there are roughly 3.75 applicants per offer.

So between 3 and 4 applicants per offer is a good guide I think :smile:
Reply 2815
Original post by Bloxorus
I am a first year studying Econ at UCL and I've been helping out at the open days where you guys are given offers. If I am not mistaken there are 5 open days with 80 people invited to each one, so assuming that everyone who is invited actually attends (not very likely), there are approximately 400 offers given to UK students. Then since the international rate for Econ is approximately 50%, if we just assume that 400 offers are given to international students too.

So as a VERY rough estimate, there are about 800 offers given out, and 3000 applicants. So there are roughly 3.75 applicants per offer.

Thank you very much!
Original post by Bloxorus

Do you know when the next open days are??
Nottingham or Bristol for straight economics? Like them both equally and can't decide which to firm :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kriterz
Nottingham or Bristol for straight economics? Like them both equally and can't decide which to firm :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am firming Nottingham(if Warwick don't give me an offer)
I am firming Nottingham(if Warwick don't give me an offer)

Oh cool, sorry to hear about the rejection from bristol, would you have preferred Bristol over Notts?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending