The Student Room Group

Official Vacation Scheme Thread 2015!!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Horse273
Yep got an offer on Tuesday :redface:

Did you recieve an email from them?
This Linklater's situation is becoming worrying now
i did my HD one a couple of weeks ago, they asked questions like 'why law' / 'what can you bring to HD' and 'what is commercial awareness to you'. was tough as they give you 30 seconds to read the question and then 1 minute to answer. seeing as I haven't heard back yet I'm pretty sure i fluffed it but oh well! did take them nearly 3 months to reply to me in the first place (applied in November) good luck!
Original post by IndreOK
Hi, has anyone still not heard anything from Latham & Watkins? Thank you!

I'm still waiting!
Reply 2404
Has anyone heard anything from Baker McKenzie!?
Original post by rpennchambers
i did my HD one a couple of weeks ago, they asked questions like 'why law' / 'what can you bring to HD' and 'what is commercial awareness to you'. was tough as they give you 30 seconds to read the question and then 1 minute to answer. seeing as I haven't heard back yet I'm pretty sure i fluffed it but oh well! did take them nearly 3 months to reply to me in the first place (applied in November) good luck!

Hey I applied around the same time as you and still haven't heard - did you apply early or end of Nov? :smile:
Anyone else still waiting on Macfarlanes?
Has anyone not heard from Fieldfisher yet? I finished the inductive reasoning test about 5 days before the deadline and have got a message saying its been sent to a senior associate/partner for review but nothing since.
Latham PFO
For those waiting to hear from Latham & Watkins, I sent an email requesting an update and about an hour later they sent a generic PFO.
Original post by Jingojango
They must accept people are nervous. I didn't answer the second part of the question but my other answers were fine. Let's hope they look past this!

Don't feel too bad! I got cut off during my last sentence during one question and still got through :smile: Granted I was already wrapping up, but I'm sure they allow for nervousness too.
I completed my video interview for a firm two and a half weeks ago. Not heard back yet but know of people getting assessment centres. Should I assume it's a PFO?
Original post by playingthegame
Don't feel too bad! I got cut off during my last sentence during one question and still got through :smile: Granted I was already wrapping up, but I'm sure they allow for nervousness too.

I hope so - good to hear you got through, hope all your applications are going well :smile: I just hope that I made sense, it's all such a blur!
Reply 2413
Anyone heard back from Irwin Mitchell post video? Or Addleshaw Goddard post app?
Baker and Mckenzie SJT is horrific.
Ugh. I didnt feel like sharing this yesterday but I'll share it today, I really think I f**ked up my KWM video interview. First two questions went fairly well, I thought they weren't amazing but they were passable, but the last question asked me about challenges KWM may face in the next year, and I blagged for 30 seconds about a recession (I panicked, idek if we're still in recession) meaning there's less availability for clients, hence greater competition and mergers in order to consolidate law firms(and their access to clients), I then blanked for 5 seconds after saying 'the second challenge would be...' , apologised and just stopped recording.

Feel so embarrassed I fluffed like that, give it to me straight guys, will it be fatal or could 2 decent responses excuse my nerves??
Original post by Kidioteque
Latham PFO

I feel that, got mine today.
Got my interview with Davis Polk later today - anyone else had one? How did it go?!
Original post by liarpoker
Went to an open day at the firm a few weeks ago - was unfortunately rejected for the vac scheme, so well done!

Everyone was lovely, make sure you know that the firm is essentially a M&A/Capital Markets firm. I'm sure you'll be fine with all the general stuff, but they are looking for self-starters and people who know the direction that they want to take their career.

Thanks so much for the advice - just making my final preparations now !
Original post by JKRP11
Got my interview with Davis Polk later today - anyone else had one? How did it go?!

Had a choice between today and wednesday, opted for wednesday. good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending