The Student Room Group

Official Vacation Scheme Thread 2015!!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hkmshire
I had one a couple months ago - it was very to the point ie question-answer, question-answer. no chit chat, was over in just over 10mins. Pretty standard questions - aside from the usual why us/why you etc, they asked -
- how i keep up to date with commercial news
- what 3 factors clients look for when appointing a firm
- what the 3 most important factors affecting global commerce are

best of luck!

Thank you. Couldn't find anything on the telephone interview 😊
Heard from Farrers, got an open day early March :smile: So surprised, thought my application was terrible ... Really happy!!!
Original post by roseh92
Heard from Farrers, got an open day early March :smile: So surprised, thought my application was terrible ... Really happy!!!

Great news :smile: well done!
Original post by roseh92

Congrats! :biggrin: Do you mind if I ask when you applied?
Anyone heard from Taylor Wessing? Applied to them in late December, heard nothing yet ...
Original post by TrainingChopeful
Congrats! :biggrin: Do you mind if I ask when you applied?

Back in November
Original post by TykeDragon
So has anyone had an interview with Clyde & Co?? Mine is on Tuesday, hope I ace it because I am really keen on Clyde!

Hope you don't mind me asking, but what sort of questions did they ask you in the interview?
Original post by rpennchambers
have you heard back from hill dickinson yet?? still waiting and i did mine about two weeks ago as well...

Haven't heard back but then I don't think anyone has? May be wrong there
Original post by darbythetinker
Haven't heard back but then I don't think anyone has? May be wrong there

Is this after video interview? As far as I know they are still inviting people to interviews :smile: they will probably wait until the video interviews are completed before offering places?
Original post by Oscard2
No idea regarding the level of difficulty. I have been invited to take the test too.:smile:

I took the test this morning, it was pretty standard, just waiting to hear the outcome now..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TC39
Dentons first round interview invite. Anyone got any tips?

Hi, good luck for the interview! Can I ask how long it took for dentons to get back to you after the test?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2771
Original post by vwalters94
Hi, good luck for the interview! Can I ask how long it took for dentons to get back to you after the test?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cheers! It took them a week to get back to me.
Anybody else surprised by how much interest some firms seem to take in in where else you've applied/have offers from during interviews?
Hey guys, does anyone know what sort of questions are in the White & Case video interview? 3 qns, 15 mins, seems very daunting :redface:
TLT or Squire Patton Boggs anyone? Starting to think 2 weeks is a rejection.
Reply 2775
Original post by liarpoker
Anybody else surprised by how much interest some firms seem to take in in where else you've applied/have offers from during interviews?

Yeah everywhere I've been has asked me that! Not sure if they want to see how 'good' you are or maybe just seeing if you're consistent in factors that you've thought of when applying… didn't expect them to care so much, bit nosy :tongue:
Original post by np2807
Yeah everywhere I've been has asked me that! Not sure if they want to see how 'good' you are or maybe just seeing if you're consistent in factors that you've thought of when applying… didn't expect them to care so much, bit nosy :tongue:

Yeah, I applied for a range of firms, so always need to tread carefully when asked the question haha. They tend to ask in a roundabout way in a typically lawyerly fashion!

I'm beginning to wonder whether offers elsewhere can be used to make some other firm get a move on, similar thing is done in finance.
Original post by gman10
Hey, I have an interview with them next Tuesday, would it be possible to tell me more about what happened? Questions asked? Tips? Etc. :smile: Thanks!

Hey sure! Not sure how much of a help I'll be because the interview process was different to the one they did in Edinburgh - so I don't know if it's different for each office.

The competency test is the most challenging part but I just found that keeping in mind they're asking you to absorb and process a lot of work in a very short time frame so don't stress to much.

The interview was VERY competency based - like extremely so - I was surprised!
Reply 2778
Original post by canoepop
Hey sure! Not sure how much of a help I'll be because the interview process was different to the one they did in Edinburgh - so I don't know if it's different for each office.

The competency test is the most challenging part but I just found that keeping in mind they're asking you to absorb and process a lot of work in a very short time frame so don't stress to much.

The interview was VERY competency based - like extremely so - I was surprised!

Thank you - that is very helpful! I didnt know there was a competency test? What is that about? Also, were there any news/current affair questions?
Original post by liarpoker

It seems like it's really important to them to know where you're at with other firms and also to see if you are serious about the kind of firm you're interested in.

At the travers smith interview, he asked what other firms I applied to and why for each one that I named - at that point I couldn't even remember why myself 😁

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending