The Student Room Group

Official Vacation Scheme Thread 2015!!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BL0XQ9
Thank you so much for letting me know, I feel a bit better knowing that! Reassuring that there's no pesky commercial awareness questions too :smile:

They did ask me a question on the news article I wrote about in my application so id reread through that, but that was it as far as commercial awareness is concerned

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kadov
Interview with RPC was last Wednesday.

Have you heard from that already? Can you please give me some insight into what the interview was like?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by ScroogeHumbug
Clyde & Co have the most polite PFO

Sorry to hear that :frown: Can I ask which office you applied to? Waiting on Manchester.
Is anyone else sort of ready for this whole process to be over? I'm kinda tired of obsessively checking my emails between the hours of 9am - 5am on weekdays.
Reply 3044
No not yet- they say you'll hear around mid-March after they've done all interviews. Interview is all competency based and is with an associate and a member of HR
Has anyone had a 'strengths based' interview (as opposed to competency) - if so, how did you find it?
Reply 3046
Original post by 123_maggie
DWF interview ! leeds office ? anyone else ? what should I expect ? ! help ! :smile:

Same! mines for the London office!
Original post by kadov
No not yet- they say you'll hear around mid-March after they've done all interviews. Interview is all competency based and is with an associate and a member of HR

thanks! good luck!
Original post by SanaAfzal
I hope the interview went well! Was this for the London or Birmingham office?

Thanks! I've actually got mine next Monday, it was the earliest date available when booking. I've applied for the London office, what about you?
Original post by hkmshire
Yeah I did - the assessment centre was pretty straightforward (though it was my first one so nothing to compare it to). We did a 30min group exercise and a 30min individual exercise. Then a tour of their offices and a quick chat with a couple of trainees. Which office have you applied to?

Well done on getting through! If you don't mind me asking, have you received an offer? Also was the group exercise a case study or was that the individual exercise? I've applied for the London office, how about you? I really like the firm from what I've researched, just hoping that I get through to an assessment centre.
Original post by AO1694
Same! mines for the London office!

Congratulation ! :smile:
how you are going to prepare for the interview. its my first interview and i do not know what I should expect any tips? :smile:
Original post by Amin_543
Well done on getting through! If you don't mind me asking, have you received an offer? Also was the group exercise a case study or was that the individual exercise? I've applied for the London office, how about you? I really like the firm from what I've researched, just hoping that I get through to an assessment centre.

Yeah I've been offered a vac scheme in the summer, really pleased! I applied to birmigham - they were really friendly and the offices are brilliant. I'm not sure how the assessment centre might differ in london but I imagine it must be pretty similar. The group exercise was prioritising the factors firms need to consider in the future while the individual one was interviewing a client about a problem then recommending some solutions. Good luck for your interview - let me know if there's anything else!
is anyone still waiting to hear from baker post AC??
Has anyone done a White & Case video interview yet?? What was it like? If someone could give me an insight I would very much appreciate it!!
Original post by Defragmentation
Freshfields offer :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats :smile:
Original post by Defragmentation
Freshfields offer :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well done!
Original post by ba_23
Sorry to hear! When did you apply?

Original post by Jingojango
Sorry to hear that :frown: Can I ask which office you applied to? Waiting on Manchester.

I applied to the London office on the 17th of January. Good luck with your applications!
Re Baker & McKenzie, does anyone know what the 'contacted' status on CVmail means? I emailed them to ask if an email got lost on the way, but they just gave me a generic reply along the lines of we're still looking at applications blablabla leave us alone blablabla
Mishcon interview TOMORROW - arrgh!! They dont give much notice do they?! Really happy though!

Can anyone who's done the AC please give any advice? This is my first TC/VS interview and I'm really really nervous
Original post by elmopsk
Mishcon interview TOMORROW - arrgh!! They dont give much notice do they?! Really happy though!

Can anyone who's done the AC please give any advice? This is my first TC/VS interview and I'm really really nervous

Very very well done! I'll be doing my video interview this evening and I'm so nervous.

Best of luck!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending