The Student Room Group

Psychology Applicants for 2015 Entry Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AlanaBloom
Thank you :smile: Absolutely, but I've heard that their Psychology department is trying to get most of their decisions out by the end of this week, so hopefully the rest will come very soon

Not at all, I got AABBB

Quite ironically I received an offer yesterday from UCL! AAA, I'm so happy!

Where else do you have offers from/where do you think you'll firm and insure? 😊
Offer from UCL; AAA 😁
Original post by JustHolly

Congratulations!
I'll be firming UCL, and insurance will be either Birmingham or Goldsmiths (which is a Forensic Psychology course instead). I also have offers from City and East London
You?
Original post by AlanaBloom
Congratulations!
I'll be firming UCL, and insurance will be either Birmingham or Goldsmiths (which is a Forensic Psychology course instead). I also have offers from City and East London
You?

Thank you! I'm still waiting to hear from Bath, however aside from UCL I've got offers from Warwick and UEA. It all depends on Bath's response! If they reject me, I'll firm UCL. If they offer me a place it'll become a dilemma! :smile:
Hello, everyone! congratulations to your offers!
Does anyone applied for Interview MSc Developmental Neuroscience and Psychopathology?
and can you pls share your experience of the interview? thank you !!
Is anyone firming Royal Holloway for psychology? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats for ur offer!!
What are your predictions?:smile:
Original post by Florenceycl
Congrats for ur offer!!
What are your predictions?:smile:

Hey! Thanks. I'm predicted A*A*AA 😊 Are you waiting for a response?
Hey! Thanks. I'm predicted A*A*AA Are you waiting for a response?

O woow that's amazing!! Ya I am still waiting, have been quite anxious coz like everyone has got their offer already.
I only do three subjects and predicted A*AA. Do you know how do they process the applications? Will there be any chance that they do it by alphabetical order?

Many Thanks :smile:
Original post by Florenceycl
O woow that's amazing!! Ya I am still waiting, have been quite anxious coz like everyone has got their offer already.
I only do three subjects and predicted A*AA. Do you know how do they process the applications? Will there be any chance that they do it by alphabetical order?

Many Thanks :smile:

Don't put yourself down because you do three subjects! It's still difficult and to be predicted that is brilliant!
My advice would be not to worry too much; my application was spent to them in mid-October and I only got a response from them yesterday!
I highly doubt it'd be in that order, I think it's more as the applications have been coming in.
Also I haven't read of too many offers - perhaps that's just me - so don't be too worried about that aspect!
(edited 9 years ago)
Offer from UCL; AAA ������

Well done!!! :biggrin: Did you get the good news on portico first or by email? I'm asking because I myself am waiting for a response from them for the Psych course. :smile:
Don't put yourself down because you do three subjects! It's still difficult and to be predicted that is brilliant!
My advice would be not to worry too much; my application was spent to them in mid-October and I only got a response from them yesterday!
I highly doubt it'd be in that order, I think it's more as the applications have been coming in.
Also I haven't read of too many offers - perhaps that's just me - so don't be too worried about that aspect!

I doubt that they handle the applications as they have been coming in because my friend in my school applied later than me (i sent off on 18th nov) and she got her offer before half term! she has the same predictions and same AS grades as me but she does Further Maths. That's why I got bit paranoid. Anyway, can only fingercross now:/
In terms of people waiting on responses: I applied end of October and I'm still waiting on 2 universities one of which is my first choice! -.-

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Amy_B2014
Is anyone firming Royal Holloway for psychology? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi! I've had offers from Surrey and Royal Holloway (still waiting for King's College, UCL and Queen Mary's). Doubt I'll get offers from those three but I really enjoyed the holloway applicant day :smile: I'll probably firm it! What about you?
Original post by Joshh_C
Hi! I've had offers from Surrey and Royal Holloway (still waiting for King's College, UCL and Queen Mary's). Doubt I'll get offers from those three but I really enjoyed the holloway applicant day :smile: I'll probably firm it! What about you?

Hey Josh!
I'm firming Royal Holloway too! Hello potential new class mate!! :biggrin: I've been to the open day and loved it and I'm going to the applicant day on the 23rd March.
Do you live locally or will you be moving far?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey! Is anyone firming Glasgow for MA psychology Social sciences....haven't gotten an offer from my other three choices but I'm probably firming Glasgow
Original post by Amy_B2014
Hey Josh!
I'm firming Royal Holloway too! Hello potential new class mate!! :biggrin: I've been to the open day and loved it and I'm going to the applicant day on the 23rd March.
Do you live locally or will you be moving far?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I live about 30 minutes away from the uni but I'll still be living there, the new accommodation looks really good! What about you? Which other universities did you apply to? Maybe see you in September :biggrin:
Original post by Joshh_C
I live about 30 minutes away from the uni but I'll still be living there, the new accommodation looks really good! What about you? Which other universities did you apply to? Maybe see you in September :biggrin:

I live literally a 5 minute drive away so I'll be living at home. I applied to all the local ones, so St Marys, Roehampton which I hated, and Kingston. St Marys is my insurance choice.
My partner went to Royal Holloway and he loved it too. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone firming Southampton for Psychology? :smile:
Original post by jennybrooksx
I'm still waiting on UCL, got offers from Kings, Brunel, Durham and Kingston, anyone else got offers from UCL who are predicted AAA?

What AS subjects did you do and what did you get in them?

Quick Reply

Latest