The Student Room Group

st olaves sixth form exam

Scroll to see replies

Original post by germanshepherd_
Oh gosh.. So many different coloured groups.. Ohh okay :smile: I was in yellow group. Yhh, many people did. I knew there was competition to be a medic, that is why I decided to do engineering - but I love that too. Hey, do you guys think we are getting our reply letters soon... I am bursting to know... :biggrin:
Did you guys apply to Newstead Wood as well???

I didn't apply to Newstead Wood but I know that out our reply letters come out from next week :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh gosh.. So many different coloured groups.. Ohh okay :smile: I was in yellow group. Yhh, many people did. I knew there was competition to be a medic, that is why I decided to do engineering - but I love that too. Hey, do you guys think we are getting our reply letters soon... I am bursting to know... :biggrin:
Did you guys apply to Newstead Wood as well???

I applied to Newstead wood, but I think my application got there too late :/ Apparently we get the offers at the end of March! So far away :frown:
Original post by diana99
I didn't apply to Newstead Wood but I know that out our reply letters come out from next week :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why didn't you? Ohh myy!!!!!!!!!!!!! How do you know this?

Original post by RiseRiot
I applied to Newstead wood, but I think my application got there too late :/ Apparently we get the offers at the end of March! So far away :frown:

I thought that too???

Diana are you sure about this?
Why didn't you? Ohh myy!!!!!!!!!!!!! How do you know this?

I thought that too???

Diana are you sure about this?

I didn't apply there because I live to far away haha I live in the south of essex:biggrin:
And I am positive because I remember sitting in the hall after finishing the papers. Then the woman standing at the front said that we will get responses starting from the 23rd of February .
I was in the second sitting which was In the afternoon.
I was the girl in the bright coloured stripy blazer an I wore my school uniform. Did anyone see me?:biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
:biggrin:
After my exams they definitely said end of March, because there is a meeting for the successful candidates in April... I have a good memory :smile:
After my exams they definitely said end of March, because there is a meeting for the successful candidates in April... I have a good memory :smile:

If you say so:yep::top:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I remember talking to my friends about the long wait :/
Original post by diana99
I didn't apply there because I live to far away haha I live in the south of essex:biggrin:
And I am positive because I remember sitting in the hall after finishing the papers. Then the woman standing at the front said that we will get responses starting from the 23rd of February .
I was in the second sitting which was In the afternoon.
I was the girl in the bright coloured stripy blazer an I wore my school uniform. Did anyone see me?:biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Woowww, you live so far away.. Oh mY, and so sorry, I was in the first sitting. How would you get to St Olaves, in septemeber, if you were accepted?
Woowww, you live so far away.. Oh mY, and so sorry, I was in the first sitting. How would you get to St Olaves, in septemeber, if you were accepted?

Haha I live near the dartford tunnel. It only takes about 25 minutes to drive to the school. If I was accepted I would have to get 2 buses. This would take about 45 minutes in total .. haha its not that bad because I currently get a bus to my secondary skl which takes 1 hour and 10 minutes xx:biggrin::biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by diana99
Haha I live near the dartford tunnel. It only takes about 25 minutes to drive to the school. If I was accepted I would have to get 2 buses. This would take about 45 minutes in total .. haha its not that bad because I currently get a bus to my secondary skl which takes 1 hour and 10 minutes xx:biggrin::biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ohh right, fair enough! Ohh that's good;'] So, what did you take for your GCSEs?
Ohh right, fair enough! Ohh that's good;'] So, what did you take for your GCSEs?

For gcse I'm doing :
English literature
English language
Maths
Triple science
French
R.e
Geography
P.e
Music
What about you??:biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by diana99
For gcse I'm doing :
English literature
English language
Maths
Triple science
French
R.e
Geography
P.e
Music
What about you??:biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I took:
English Lit
English Lan
Maths
RE
IT
Triple science
History
Art
Textiles
German

Have you done some GCSEs already???
I took:
English Lit
English Lan
Maths
RE
IT
Triple science
History
Art
Textiles
German

I'm doing:
History
Spanish
French - A* (June 2014)
Triple Science
Core Science - A (June 2014)
Additional Science
English lit
English Lang
Maths - A (June 2014)
RE
I'm doing:
History
Spanish
French - A* (June 2014)
Triple Science
Additional Science
English lit
English Lang
Maths - A (June 2014)
RE

Oooohh, well done :biggrin: and cool subjects. I got A* in Core and a B in German (1 mark of the next grade :mad: ) but I am retaking it.
I'm doing:
History
Spanish
French - A* (June 2014)
Triple Science
Additional Science
English lit
English Lang
Maths - A (June 2014)
RE

You are only taking 9 GCSEs??
I took:
English Lit
English Lan
Maths
RE
IT
Triple science
History
Art
Textiles
German

Yeah I've done core science and I got an A overall . (June 2014)
Biology - A
Chemsitry - A *
Physics - A

What about you?:biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by diana99
Yeah I've done core science and I got an A overall . (June 2014)
Biology - A
Chemsitry - A *
Physics - A

What about you?:biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ohh well done, well done :biggrin:
I got an A* overall.
Biology - A*
Chemistry - A
Physics - A*

What Unis are you thinking of applying to? I know its far of but there is nothing wrong with looking at them now. Plus did you choose double/single maths?
Ohh well done, well done :biggrin:
I got an A* overall.
Biology - A*
Chemistry - A
Physics - A*

What Unis are you thinking of applying to? I know its far of but there is nothing wrong with looking at them now. Plus did you choose double/single maths?

I'm doing 10, I'm thinking of going to UCL, Kings, but I need to look at medical schools as well. You?
I'm doing 10, I'm thinking of going to UCL, Kings, but I need to look at medical schools as well. You?

That's so good. My sister got an interview at UCL for medicine.. Errr Imperial, UCL, Warwick. For engineering.. Chemical. Oh okay 10;'] I wish I did as many as you:colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest