The Student Room Group

Looking for colleges/sixth form after my GCSEs.

What are some of the best colleges/sixth forms in and around London to study for A-levels? I'm interested in taking Business, Psychology, Philosophy and maybe Chemistry and Biology. I'm in yr10 and have predicted grades of 7+ as my lowest and 9= as my highest however I'm working towards all 8s and 9s so I think I'll get the results I'll need.

Any help is appreciated.
Reply 1
Original post by inactive-objecto
What are some of the best colleges/sixth forms in and around London to study for A-levels? I'm interested in taking Business, Psychology, Philosophy and maybe Chemistry and Biology. I'm in yr10 and have predicted grades of 7+ as my lowest and 9= as my highest however I'm working towards all 8s and 9s so I think I'll get the results I'll need.

Any help is appreciated.

St Olaves in Orpington is known to be one of the most academic schools in the area (8-9s required for entry). However, as I've heard from multiple friends who go there, it's an incredibly stressful and competitive environment that relies on students pushing each other to do well rather than on great teaching. How far out of London are you looking? Some really great grammar schools are located in Kent. I may be slightly biased but I'd highly recommend the Judd school in Tonbridge (easily accessible by train from London). It is still very academic (last year entry requirements were virtually the same as St Olave's and they are expected to increase) but teaching isn't compromised and it seems like a more enjoyable experience for students.
Many thanks for your response, really appreciate it. I live in Bickley so perhaps a short ride from Orpington station.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending