The Student Room Group

As Biology

Hello! I'm taking As biology but I'm having a difficulty in studying the second unit, topic 1 about cells like eukaryotic cells, there are so many names and functions, do I have to memorize them all and if there is a way to memorize or study them in a way I can answer related questions in past papers easily?
Try diagrams and annotations.

A good way to remember the roles of the ribosomes, endoplasmic reticulum and golgi apparatus, is to make a sequence showing their contributions to each stage of protein synthesis. Like, ribosomes is the site of amino acid sequencing, RER is the site of modification etc

Hope this helps! :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by enaayrah

A good way to remember the roles of the ribosomes, endoplasmic reticulum and golgi apparatus, is to make a sequence showing their contributions to each stage of protein synthesis. Like, ribosomes is the site of amino acid sequencing, RER is the site of modification etc

Yeah i think it would really help, I've never though of that, Thanks :smile::smile:
Reply 3
Go to www.quizlet.com and search for Biology ad whichever unit you're revising for and exam board.

It's a website that allows you to view flashcards, take quizzes and read notes which will help you memorize stuff for biology :biggrin:
Reply 4
Original post by kkboyk
Go to www.quizlet.com and search for Biology ad whichever unit you're revising for and exam board.

It's a website that allows you to view flashcards, take quizzes and read notes which will help you memorize stuff for biology :biggrin:

Oh, thanks dude! I need it haha as it's great to exmine myself after memorizing in the topic i want :smile:)
Reply 5
Original post by PlayerBB
Oh, thanks dude! I need it haha as it's great to exmine myself after memorizing in the topic i want :smile:)

No problem :biggrin:

Are you perhaps doing AQA bio?
Reply 6
Original post by kkboyk
No problem :biggrin:

Are you perhaps doing AQA bio?

Yeah haha 😃 wtb what are u taking?
Original post by enaayrah

Rough endoplasmic reticulum is not primarily the site of protein modification. It is the site of translation (contains ribosomes) and transportation of proteins/mRNA.
The golgi apparatus modifies proteins.
Reply 8
Original post by PlayerBB
Yeah haha ������ wtb what are u taking?

I also do AQA: they are a real b***h a lot of the times :mad:

Usually after reading my notes i go to this website to do topic based questions ( you click on the unit, then on packs) to just make me feel confident and memorize the answer, since many questions they ask are constantly repeated over the years but rephrased differently.

http://sciencemathsmaster.weebly.com/biology.html

If you are doing last year exam paper, there will be a 6 mark questions on DNA structure to function at the end, and one to do with NHS (which I still don't see how it was relevant to the question) which will piss you off -.-

Spoiler

Reply 9
Original post by kkboyk
I also do AQA: they are a real b***h a lot of the times :mad:

Usually after reading my notes i go to this website to do topic based questions ( you click on the unit, then on packs) to just make me feel confident and memorize the answer, since many questions they ask are constantly repeated over the years but rephrased differently.

http://sciencemathsmaster.weebly.com/biology.html

If you are doing last year exam paper, there will be a 6 mark questions on DNA structure to function at the end, and one to do with NHS (which I still don't see how it was relevant to the question) which will piss you off -.-

Spoiler

Yeah!! I saw this question and it really pissed me of like how i'm gonna know that this is the answer that they want and also there some questions that talk generally and i always don't get them right :/ but thank u for the site though!!
Original post by morgan8002
Rough endoplasmic reticulum is not primarily the site of protein modification. It is the site of translation (contains ribosomes) and transportation of proteins/mRNA.
The golgi apparatus modifies proteins.

Ah. Thanks for the correction

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending