The Student Room Group

Official Vacation Scheme Thread 2015!!!

Scroll to see replies

Anyone heard from Nabarro post AC?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by almvp
Thank you, your advice is much appreciated! Did they ask you about specific business issues or were the questions more open so that you could choose which topics to talk about? I will definitely sign up to The Gateway Online- Thank you!

Hopefully they will get back to you sooner, it seems like it went well anyhow. I will keep you updated on mine :smile:

There was a lot of flexibility which was nice as it meant you got to show that you could think on your feet and stuff
Original post by LawStudent30
Have you looked at law careers.net? On their profile of each firm they usually say who to address it to. I wrote the wrong name on one of my applications and still got shortlisted to interview stage so they can't mind that much!

Ah thanks, I had a look on lawcareers.net and it just says recruitment team so I went with the Recruitment Manager since there was a short article with them talking about the graduate recruitment process and what they look for, so they must have something to do with it?

But it is reassuring that it might not necessarily hinder my application at all :smile:
Reply 3863
Original post by canoepop
There was a lot of flexibility which was nice as it meant you got to show that you could think on your feet and stuff

Thank you for your advice- fingers crossed!
had an interview this time last week and the firm said they'd let me know this week. thoughts on calling them up now? I know at this point, it's probably not going to be good news, but quite want to know!!
Anyone know if the Shoosmiths deadline is tonight or tomorrow night?
Reply 3866
Anyone know when DWF Manchester will get back after interviewing today?
Still nothing from Squire's and TLT despite their assurances of a response this week
Just heard back from white and case re: summer vac's and managed to bag one, so they are replying. There was a guy earlier who was saying that they might not be impressed with first round vid interviews so shot out another few the other day. Not so. I did my interview early feb and heard back today - anyones still game!

Me and another mate still have'nt heard back from Mishcons - assuming PFO
Original post by Ajoset1993
Just heard back from white and case re: summer vac's and managed to bag one, so they are replying. There was a guy earlier who was saying that they might not be impressed with first round vid interviews so shot out another few the other day. Not so. I did my interview early feb and heard back today - anyones still game!

Me and another mate still have'nt heard back from Mishcons - assuming PFO

Can I ask what day you did the vid interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by crazyangelg
Can I ask what day you did the vid interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile

In my opinion it doesn't matter, but the 15th ish
Original post by TrainingChopeful
So if you're writing a cover letter within an application form and you can't find who to address it to, what is the best thing to do ? Write "Dear Sir or Madam" or find out who the Recruitment Manager is and address it to them?

I've found something online where recruitment manager talks about TC interviews and what the firm looks for etc but it doesn't confirm this anywhere.

Might be a bit late now but I wouldn't hesitate to give them a quick call in HR/grad recruitment and ask them who it should be addressed to, shouldn't be a problem, I did this for a couple of applications. :smile:
Original post by mcrlawstudent
Just in case this helps anyone: if you are in a situation where you have to reject a firm after you receive an offer due to date clashes, I would advise asking them if you can change your application to a TC application. I had to reject Clifford Chance for a VS but I was still planning on applying for a TC there.

They said to me that they can transfer my application to a TC application and all I will have to do over summer is have a one-hour interview with a partner, rather than repeating the full assessment day.

Congrats on your fantastic news! Any tips on performing well at the Clifford Chance assessment day? Worried about the case study interview!
Original post by kittyclaireL
did anyone else do the charles russell speechly online tests? has anyone heard? i foud them incredibly difficult!

Hi Kittyclaire,

I completed the CRS tests a week or so ago, and found them absolutely horrendous. Spent all weekend brushing up but nothing compared to the real thing. I ended up guessing most of the numerical, and ran out of time on the logical one. No news yet, so haven't quite given up hope. Can't see it going well for me though!
Original post by twizzzzzzter
Still nothing from Squire's and TLT despite their assurances of a response this week

I received my invite to SPB's vac scheme on Thursday (having attended an AC on Tuesday!). Hope that helps and sorry if that means you've not been successful.
Original post by Jingojango
Well done on the interview! Hope it goes well. When did you apply? I applied on the 31st, right on the deadline. Also, was it a private number that called you and when is your AC? Thanks so much for your help:smile:

Hi! Sorry for the delay. I applied shortly before the deadline (30 Jan). No, it wasn't a private number. My AC was on Tuesday. I received my offer yesterday. Good luck with your other apps.
Original post by hugo grotius
Me three! I'm taking the later two weeks.

Me four!
Original post by ejc27
Has anyone tried the logical reasoning test for CRS? I completely ran out of time

As did I. You are not alone! The whole process of testing was a disaster for me to be honest.
Original post by ferrero247
Congrats on your fantastic news! Any tips on performing well at the Clifford Chance assessment day? Worried about the case study interview!

Sure, just copying something I PM'ed to another member for ease:

I honestly wouldn't worry about the case study, it was the easiest case study I did out of CC, Freshfields and A&O. I wouldn't say it required any 'commercial awareness' as such, just a general understanding of how business and commerce works, e.g. the sorts of things a business needs to think about when considering a merger for example. It wasn't anything overly specific, just general considerations. Let's say it was a merger for example, try to go over general issues like: how it would be financed, what due diligence would be needed, tax structuring, are there any disputes pending, what rights do employees have, etc. and try to relate it back to CC's departments.

Hope this helps.
Reply 3879
Original post by sports007
Anyone heard from Nabarro post AC

Myself and another candidate at my AC heard back positively on Monday; just over a week since the AC

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending