The Student Room Group

Intermediate Maths Challenge - UKMT - 5th February 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by theworkkid
I have done some Maclaurin olympiad practice. How many marks would i get if I get the correct answer but use a completely different method of getting there (perhaps less mathametically as I didn't use equations as such) but I explained the method I used in in detail so it wasn't a fluke?

Normally you got either 0-3 marks or 8-10 marks for each submitted solution in Olympiad round. Correct answer will not always justify high marks. You need to write up a mathematically sound prove, which sometimes could be tricky. Anyway, good luck for your Maclaurin prep.
Im doing the grey kangaroo, do you lose points if you answer questions 16-25?
Original post by Dizgurl
Im doing the grey kangaroo, do you lose points if you answer questions 16-25?

No, you only gain marks for questions right. You don't loses any marks for any questions wrong.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Chittesh14
No, you only gain marks for questions right. You don't loses any marks for any questions wrong.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thats good...! :smile:
Nope
Nope

?? Nope what??
Original post by Dizgurl
?? Nope what??

He probably replied to your previous post as in "Nope. - You do not lose marks in Grey Kangaroo."
He probably replied to your previous post as in "Nope. - You do not lose marks in Grey Kangaroo."

kk
*she ������

Posted from TSR Mobile

I thought you were a boy for the whole time...oops!!! :colondollar::biggrin:
Original post by Dizgurl
I thought you were a boy for the whole time...oops!!! :colondollar::biggrin:

LOOOOOL naaah I'm a girl 😂😂😂
How do we know what position we finished in? for example finished 35,865 in the country? (i didn't actually finish 35,865:tongue:)
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by sugar_lips
How do we know what position we finished in? for example finished 35,865 in the country? (i didn't actually finish 35,865:tongue:)

I really don't know. I don't think you get to know your rank in the whole country. I may be wrong.

I would probably be in the bottom 100... lol
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Dizgurl
I really don't know. I don't think you get to know your rank in the whole country. I may be wrong.

I would probably be in the bottom 100... lol

How many marks did you get? I hope you realise, 130K people participated in this :L. I was probably in the top 26000 people :P.
Original post by sugar_lips

You don't...
How many marks did you get? I hope you realise, 130K people participated in this :L. I was probably in the top 26000 people :P.

i got 65.
You don't...

I guess I'm in the top 5000, considering that's how many get to the pink kangaroo rounds

Posted from TSR Mobile
I guess I'm in the top 5000, considering that's how many get to the pink kangaroo rounds

Posted from TSR Mobile

Then I'm obviously not in the top 5000 I'm in the top 10000 cuz I'm doing the grey kangaroo.
Original post by Dizgurl
Then I'm obviously not in the top 5000 I'm in the top 10000 cuz I'm doing the grey kangaroo.

Naah you'll be in the top 8000 then
Has anyone got any tips for the pink kangaroo? I honestly don't have a clue on how to do well in it😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending