The Student Room Group

BIMM Manchester

Scroll to see replies

Original post by gabbyfabrizio
Well done! Ooh sounds like a tough choice, which course has modules which are more tailored and suited to you and your interests? :smile:

It is! Well as you'll know BIMM is modern music, but LCoM is more broad in the sense that it has Classical, Jazz, Modern etc instead of specific instruments within modern music if that makes sense. The Business course at both unis are pretty similar. Did you get any other offers/have any more choices?
Original post by sugarspunolivia
It is! Well as you'll know BIMM is modern music, but LCoM is more broad in the sense that it has Classical, Jazz, Modern etc instead of specific instruments within modern music if that makes sense. The Business course at both unis are pretty similar. Did you get any other offers/have any more choices?

Oh I see! What's the accommodations and stuff like in comparison? Because I believe that's a big decider too! And I only applied for the BIMM ones:smile:x
Oh I see! What's the accommodations and stuff like in comparison? Because I believe that's a big decider too! And I only applied for the BIMM ones:smile:x

Yeah that's a big thing for me too! Leeds is better, in manchester you don't get your own bathroom whereas you do in Leeds! Ahh right, BIMM seemed like such a good place, especially the Manchester one with it being in such a good city :smile: x
Original post by sugarspunolivia
Yeah that's a big thing for me too! Leeds is better, in manchester you don't get your own bathroom whereas you do in Leeds! Ahh right, BIMM seemed like such a good place, especially the Manchester one with it being in such a good city :smile: x

I'm going to be staying at parkway gate in manchester- in a flat of 6 and there's 3 of us at the minute and its 5 minutes away from BIMM and all rooms are ensuite!! So I don't know I'd thst helps your decision any more? If you want you can inbox me or add me on facebook or something if that's easier to speak on:smile:x
Hi guys! I'm also going to be studying at BIMM! I'm going for the Professional Musicianship degree, anyone else doing that?
Original post by OllyFlavell
Ohh okay! :biggrin: Well you've chose the correct place to live ;D Yeah but you're already in a city, I'm just a house with fields and the odd cow and nothing more hahaha :')

I've just booked it!! I'm so excited now it's unreal! I suppose so hahaha, what a big change though!
Original post by emmalouise147
Hi guys! I'm also going to be studying at BIMM! I'm going for the Professional Musicianship degree, anyone else doing that?

I'm doing Professional Musicianship in Guitar!
Original post by Dillonski
I'm doing Professional Musicianship in Guitar!

Aww that's cool! I'm doing the same degree but in Vocals!
I feels there's going to be be a lot of females here this year haha

Hahaha
I've accepted an offer for songwriting :smile: x
Original post by NatashaLouise
I've accepted an offer for songwriting :smile: x

Sounds brill! Have you sorted accommodation out yet?x
Where's everyone else going?
(edited 9 years ago)

It's all right, I'll be there :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dillonski
It's all right, I'll be there :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wooo ;D
Sounds brill! Have you sorted accommodation out yet?x

No, I can't get past student finance. Apparently BIMM Manchester don't provide a songwriting course, so if anyone knows how to get past them, I'd appreciate the help. :smile: I'm hoping to go into MSV though, just because everyone seems to be going there x
(edited 9 years ago)
No, I can't get past student finance. Apparently BIMM Manchester don't provide a songwriting course, so if anyone knows how to get past them, I'd appreciate the help. :smile: I'm hoping to go into MSV though, just because everyone seems to be going there x

I attempted student finance earlier and it couldn't even find BIMM so I think I'm going to have to manually write it in?x
Reply 137
Where's everyone else going?

Hey, I'm going to be doing the songwriting course too! I'm staying at MSV and I've booked my room there :smile:
Original post by Tansytw
Hey, I'm going to be doing the songwriting course too! I'm staying at MSV and I've booked my room there :smile:

Sweet! Have you sorted your student finance?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 139
You in a studio on the 7th floor or one of my rooms? :smile: and I'm studying Songwriting! I can't wait to go. Although I do live in the middle of no where so It's understandable haha!

Hey, I'm also studying songwriting! I'm staying at msv though :smile: I can't wait to go and start the course!!

Quick Reply

Latest