The Student Room Group

I have 5 GCES (I think) and am getting Distinctions constructively at college?

Hiya guys im new to this form, im abit concerned when I took GCSEs it was during the height of covid I always struggled through school had alot of bullying suffered with various Mental Health conditions I also have Dyslexia, Dyscalculia and have an EHCP, When I got my GCSE results about two years ago I got 4 passes and a 4-3 In double award science of which I was advised by my teachers at the time was a pass however I am concerned about this, I however do not have maths and will be retaking it. Since I started college I have continually got high marks and since my course is a Extended Diploma I got a DS as my year 1 results. My two top choices for university are BIMM and Waterbear both in Brighton Waterbear seem pretty lax about GCSEs however BIMM require 5 including Maths however said they assess every application on a case by case basis. I don't want to miss out on University for issues I have had in the past that have not always been in my control.

Any advice?
Sam :smile:
Original post by SamFewtrell
Hiya guys im new to this form, im abit concerned when I took GCSEs it was during the height of covid I always struggled through school had alot of bullying suffered with various Mental Health conditions I also have Dyslexia, Dyscalculia and have an EHCP, When I got my GCSE results about two years ago I got 4 passes and a 4-3 In double award science of which I was advised by my teachers at the time was a pass however I am concerned about this, I however do not have maths and will be retaking it. Since I started college I have continually got high marks and since my course is a Extended Diploma I got a DS as my year 1 results. My two top choices for university are BIMM and Waterbear both in Brighton Waterbear seem pretty lax about GCSEs however BIMM require 5 including Maths however said they assess every application on a case by case basis. I don't want to miss out on University for issues I have had in the past that have not always been in my control.

Any advice?
Sam :smile:

hey first off i am really sorry about your school experience, that seems really tough :frown:! i am also really happy for you that you have been achieving high marks - well done!! also, i can see that you wanna study music - that's so cool!! if BIMM says they assess every application on a case by case basis, then i personally would find it really unfair if they dont consider you based on what has happened in the past.
Reply 2
Original post by emm4nuella
hey first off i am really sorry about your school experience, that seems really tough :frown:! i am also really happy for you that you have been achieving high marks - well done!! also, i can see that you wanna study music - that's so cool!! if BIMM says they assess every application on a case by case basis, then i personally would find it really unfair if they dont consider you based on what has happened in the past.

Hey thank you for your kind words! I hope they do I have dropped them an email about it, to be honest I am really stressed about it hopefully the EHCP funding if its still there will entice them :smile:
Original post by SamFewtrell
Hey thank you for your kind words! I hope they do I have dropped them an email about it, to be honest I am really stressed about it hopefully the EHCP funding if its still there will entice them :smile:

you will be fine - all my fingers are crossed :biggrin:
Reply 4
Original post by emm4nuella
you will be fine - all my fingers are crossed :biggrin:

I have got another year so I'll try to get my maths but to be honest im more concerned about the 4-3 I got in Science a few years ago because if that counts as 1 GCSE ill be fine but if it doesn't ill have to get the maths in order to go to Uni although I just hope they don't really care that much about GCSEs.
The 4 3 will count as 1 GCSE.

But don't discount Waterbear. I'd probably advise there over BIMM if I'm honest.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending