The Student Room Group

Official Vacation Scheme Thread 2015!!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by almvp
They offered me this too! what office did you interview at? will you be attending the london assessment centre? and have you had any details about what the day will involve? I interviewed at Birmingham :smile:

Oh cool! I interviewed in glasgow so i doubt it'll be in London for me. And no info yet! They said they would be in touch soon!
Original post by 123_maggie
How did you find you interview? :smile:

Yeah I really enjoyed it actually - some of the questions were challenging but in a good way if that makes sense?

You?
Reply 4122
Original post by canoepop
Oh cool! I interviewed in glasgow so i doubt it'll be in London for me. And no info yet! They said they would be in touch soon!

Same here, awaiting the info! I wonder when it will be? Well done! Let me know how it goes
rejection from DWF LEEDS ;/
rejection from DWF LEEDS ;/

I'm really sorry to hear, but I'm sure you'll have other firms knocking at your door before you know it!
If you don't mind, could you copy and paste the rejection email you received or pm it to me? Thanks!
Original post by TiredandHopeful
I'm really sorry to hear, but I'm sure you'll have other firms knocking at your door before you know it!
If you don't mind, could you copy and paste the rejection email you received or pm it to me? Thanks!

they also said

We are still considering any outstanding applications for DWF Training Contracts and will be in touch once the deadlines have passed. If you have not yet applied for a Training Contract we hope that the outcome of your interview does not discourage you from making an application in the future.
Does anyone knows if they going to consider my application form for TC?
Reply 4126
Has anyone had any experience attempting to change VS dates with a firm when you have already signed a contract?

Have a VS with Shearman and Sterling, but received an offer with Dentons today. If I changed the dates of my S and S scheme to their second summer intake I would be able to complete both, but unsure of how to approach S and S about it, or whether I even should!?
Original post by TC39
Has anyone had any experience attempting to change VS dates with a firm when you have already signed a contract?

Have a VS with Shearman and Sterling, but received an offer with Dentons today. If I changed the dates of my S and S scheme to their second summer intake I would be able to complete both, but unsure of how to approach S and S about it, or whether I even should!?

I think you should definitely try. Maybe just send them an email saying you understand it may be difficult, but you wondered if it was possible that they could move you onto their second summer intake? Worst they can say is no.
Reply 4128
lol PFO from withers, unsurprised considering that ridiculous 60 word limit
Reply 4129
Original post by Procrastination1
I think you should definitely try. Maybe just send them an email saying you understand it may be difficult, but you wondered if it was possible that they could move you onto their second summer intake? Worst they can say is no.

That's what I thought, probably worth a try at least.. Thanks!
So, now that March has arrived, any news from Hill Dickinson?
PFO from Withers too. 4 left.
Original post by TC39
That's what I thought, probably worth a try at least.. Thanks!

Try phone them instead, it'll look a bit more polite. I managed tochange dates on one of mine so definitely worth trying
Hey has anyone heard from BLP post AC?
Does anyone know if you're allowed a day off in a 2 week vac scheme? My graduation is in the middle of the second week of my vac scheme. Will it look bad even asking for a day off?
Original post by Ireneebeenie
Hey has anyone heard from BLP post AC?

Hi can I just ask when you had the AC?
Reply 4136
Has anyone heard from Bond Dickinson post assessment centre- it was only monday but I'm just curious
Original post by Procrastination1
Hi can I just ask when you had the AC?

12th February, but I know they are still holding AC's throughout march because I could have chosen to attend an AC in march :smile:
they also said

We are still considering any outstanding applications for DWF Training Contracts and will be in touch once the deadlines have passed. If you have not yet applied for a Training Contract we hope that the outcome of your interview does not discourage you from making an application in the future.
Does anyone knows if they going to consider my application form for TC?

Might be a good idea to call them and find out if you need to make a fresh application or whether they just forward your current application which has passed the Video Interview stage to a Training Contract application. If it's the former, it'll be worth finding out if you need brand new answers to the questions as well. How did you find the interview though? What were the questions asked?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 4139
Original post by hkmshire
Try phone them instead, it'll look a bit more polite. I managed tochange dates on one of mine so definitely worth trying

Okay, good to know! Cheers!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending