The Student Room Group

Someone please help me on revision motivation?

I have my first exam on the 11th May 2015 I have 12 exams in total. I have made a revision timetable and hope to spend three and a half hours on revision a night, I just find it hard to motivate myself. Any tips on how to motivate myself to keep on task and work hard as I really want to do well it's just hard to keep motivated?
Reply 1
Original post by Jamesstanley0
I have my first exam on the 11th May 2015 I have 12 exams in total. I have made a revision timetable and hope to spend three and a half hours on revision a night, I just find it hard to motivate myself. Any tips on how to motivate myself to keep on task and work hard as I really want to do well it's just hard to keep motivated?

Have you heard of danisnotonfire? He's a youtuber. I quote from him, "fear is the best motivation"
Basically you think the opposite instead of:
you procrastinate, waste your time instead of studying, fail your exams, can't apply university or apprenticeships, no qualifications, no careers, no work, no money, or work that requires a lot of physical strength and energy with minimum wage, no house/appartment of your own, most likely no girlfriend/boyfriend, no kids, no future....

So do well now and all will be good

Or motivate yourself with small treats, snacks or breaks with a big goal in the long term like a particularly thing you want to be able to do
Don't waste too much time finding what motivates you, it's better if you force yourself to work by getting into the zone. One step at a time, take your books out, clear your desk, focus on one subject so keep it to a minimum. One book or two, some pens and paper. Then open a book. That's the hard part. Shift your eyes to read a word, a sentence. You've read a paragraph and soon you've read something interesting, something you didn't know, a good point to make notes. Then an hour or two would have gone by and you've done some work. Congratulations.
Thanks so much, I'll subscribe to him today, and thanks for the little motivation speech in the first paragraph i will think of that. I'm going to do some revision now! Thank you.:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest