The Student Room Group

Psychology Applicants for 2015 Entry Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mollywilsonxx
I applied for Bsc and I'm thinking Manchester. How about yourself?

I applied for MA at Edinburgh and I'm probably firming Glasgow and keeping Kent as insurance. Good luck :smile:
Original post by mchanm
Hello guys :smile: ... so I am starting to worry a bit since I am still waiting for offers from edinburgh and stirling ...has anybody received any offers from these two unis ( both for psychology bsc ) ? And what kind of offers are they making ? Thanks : )

Hi! I applied for BSc psych at both of these. Edinburgh haven't gotten back to me either but I got an unconditional from Stirling on the 18th of February (I got AAABB at higher in 5th year). I have a couple of friends who haven't gotten replies yet either so I wouldn't worry too much about it. I hope you hear back soon :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1102
Original post by isabelles
Hi! I applied for BSc psych at both of these. Edinburgh haven't gotten back to me either but I got an unconditional from Stirling on the 18th of February (I got AAABB at higher in 5th year). I have a couple of friends who haven't gotten replies yet either so I wouldn't worry too much about it. I hope you hear back soon :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow an unconditional ! ...thank youu for your help =)
Original post by mchanm
Hello guys :smile: ... so I am starting to worry a bit since I am still waiting for offers from edinburgh and stirling ...has anybody received any offers from these two unis ( both for psychology bsc ) ? And what kind of offers are they making ? Thanks : )

I also got an unconditional from Stirling in November and I got AABBB in 5th year... I wouldn't worry I'm sure you'll hear back soon :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm Indian and applied for Newcastle, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Bath, LSE and Exeter.
Got an offer from Newcastle.
Studied Psychology, Sociology and Philosophy during Undergraduation.
Got 71% (First class degree).
Can anyone give me an idea what chances i have in the remaining universities. I applied for new castle in Jan and just got a reply. Rest of the applications have been sent yesterday. I'm feeling very restless and tensed.
Reply 1105
Just got an offer from Kings!! So over the moon! I was so sure I wouldn't get one as I'm only predicted AAB, and they said they'd only be offering to those with higher grades..good luck to you all😊
Original post by A-J-
Just got an offer from Kings!! So over the moon! I was so sure I wouldn't get one as I'm only predicted AAB, and they said they'd only be offering to those with higher grades..good luck to you all😊

Woooo well done! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hummingthrough
I'm Indian and applied for Newcastle, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Bath, LSE and Exeter.
Got an offer from Newcastle.
Studied Psychology, Sociology and Philosophy during Undergraduation.
Got 71% (First class degree).
Can anyone give me an idea what chances i have in the remaining universities. I applied for new castle in Jan and just got a reply. Rest of the applications have been sent yesterday. I'm feeling very restless and tensed.

Hi! I'm Indian too but I'm applying for undergraduate. I see your marks are pretty good so give it a month. Glasgow got back to me very quickly and gave me a conditional for 85% however you might get in, considering you have a good personal statement and a good reference.
Original post by thefatduckTEEHEE
Hi! I'm Indian too but I'm applying for undergraduate. I see your marks are pretty good so give it a month. Glasgow got back to me very quickly and gave me a conditional for 85% however you might get in, considering you have a good personal statement and a good reference.

Hi! Which subject are you applying for? And how long did Glasgow take to reply?
Original post by hummingthrough
Hi! Which subject are you applying for? And how long did Glasgow take to reply?

I applied for MA Psychology Social sciences and I also applied for MA psychology at Edinburgh but I haven't heard back from them. Also it took Glasgow about a week to give me an offer.
Reply 1110
Original post by A-J-

Wow congratulations! 😊 I am predicted AAB as well but still no offer (or rejection for that matter) when did you apply?
Reply 1111
Original post by EllG
Wow congratulations! 😊 I am predicted AAB as well but still no offer (or rejection for that matter) when did you apply?

Thanks so much, and good luck!! I applied early December - so they def took their time
Hi all! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1412488145720753/ Here is a group for all who have firmed UCL for Psychology! Let's meet and get to know each other :smile:
Has anybody applied for Psychology & counselling at teesside uni? September start?
Got an offer from UCL :biggrin:

Firm: UCL
Insurance: KCL

London, I'm coming!
Original post by Becccca9
I'm still waiting to hear back from Queen Margret University and Striling University but I've not really heard anything from others who have applied for the same course

I'm really nervous too, queen margret is really where I want to go. My friend got an unconditional from stirling though so idk. I looked at queen Margaret's feed and they said they would hand out offers in February. It's march now.
Guys offers from Edinburgh? anyone?
Should I firm Nottingham or Manchester? I prefer the city environment of Manchester, but I hear the course is better at Notts. So difficult!
Reply 1118
Is anybody concerned about KCL not having accreditation yet?
Original post by thefatduckTEEHEE
Guys offers from Edinburgh? anyone?

No and it's cracking me up waiting.
:mad:

Quick Reply

Latest