The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bude8
cis form is beautiful imo, and it's a lot easier than writing cos+isin :lol:

Tru dat brudah.

I'm repping that Cartesian form though, it's so mmm..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bude8
cis form is beautiful imo, and it's a lot easier than writing cos+isin :lol:

Cis form isn't used in our course :frown:

Just exponential, polar and then the cartesian ones
Original post by Tibbz2
Cis form isn't used in our course :frown:

Just exponential, polar and then the cartesian ones

Polar form is cis which is cos+isin I think, cis is just a nice abbreviation :smile:
Original post by Bude8
Polar form is cis which is cos+isin I think, cis is just a nice abbreviation :smile:

Ah fair enough :tongue:

I think complex numbers are probably going to be the hardest things to revise in fp3 for me, but then again groups, differential equations and vectors are all pretty simple to understand so it's not saying much :tongue:
Lmao this thread occasionally switches to a FM Q&A thread! It is the toughest subject, ngl!
I started serious revision today (was only doing 1-2 hours a day of proper, fully focused revision for the past month). Now that I've an offer from my firm (A*A*AA), I know which subjects I need to focus the most on, so I'm basically ignoring Maths and Physics until mid-April and focusing on Chemistry (need an A*) and FM (need an A, but I find it the toughest subject as I'm self-teaching). I'm basically doing FM on Mondays & Wednesdays and Chemistry on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Sunday's more of a mix, and I don't revise on Fridays or Saturdays. FM papers are exhaustingly long with my board (3 hours each), so I can't bring myself to do FM and then Chemistry.
Does anyone else revise like this? ie a subject a day. I have never done it before, but Chemistry and FM are the only subjects I really have to revise for, so an on/off study method will probably suit me better. How effective is this method for you people? (Given you use it of course).
(edited 9 years ago)
My parents and brother said they want to get a dog because they'll be bored when I'm at uni...
Original post by Bude8
My parents and brother said they want to get a dog because they'll be bored when I'm at uni...

Not being able to take my dog with is the saddest thing about going to uni ):
Original post by Bude8

:laugh::laugh:

They have a great sense of humour
Original post by Chlorophile
Not being able to take my dog with is the saddest thing about going to uni ):

Original post by binarythoughts
:laugh::laugh:

They have a great sense of humour

I would be so damn happy if they decided to get a shiba inu :lol:
Original post by Bude8

I'd love a Shiba! But I'm also more than happy with the Cockapoo we have :biggrin:
Original post by _Caz_
You will feel much better inside for it :smile: good luck - beer and kebabs are okay in moderation too.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, Day 1 hasnt been too bad :tongue:
Hahah yh yh I know it's just the last four weekends I've gone out Friday night and Saturday night so that's a lot of beer and a lot of kebabs :tongue: on a ban now

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bude8

I would love a maltese but I know I'll never get one :frown:
I'd love a Shiba! But I'm also more than happy with the Cockapoo we have :biggrin:

I would love a maltese but I know I'll never get one :frown:

Shibas are literally the most beautiful thing ever

But to be honest I think I'd prefer a cat...

Original post by rachelc142
Yeah, Day 1 hasnt been too bad :tongue:
Hahah yh yh I know it's just the last four weekends I've gone out Friday night and Saturday night so that's a lot of beer and a lot of kebabs :tongue: on a ban now

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm one of those people that can eat **** loads without putting any weight on, flame on m8 :cool:

Just kidding, if I knew how my body does it and the secret to how to do that I'd definitely publicise it though :lol:
Original post by Bude8

Why?! Cats are mean-spirited and boring...

Also, cockapoo for comparison:

SO FLUFFY. Best therapy ever.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Bude8

That is one classy dog

Oh God, cats are disgusting. The thought of one is making me squirm

That is what I'm talking about though
(edited 9 years ago)
Anyone who needs some help with the chem4 ISA for this year, just pop up. I will only be willing to help if you can help me with the biology A2 EMPA. no time wasters ty
Why?! Cats are mean-spirited and boring...

Also, cockapoo for comparison:

SO FLUFFY. Best therapy ever.

That is one classy dog

Oh God, cats are disgusting. The thought of one is making me squirm

There are some cute cats too! I think I'm innately more compatible with cats since I'm not too excited when I'm at home...
[video]www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_MqiGb0Qzk[/video]

I have never seen anything as majestic as a Shiba tho
Original post by Bude8

I'm one of those people that can eat **** loads without putting any weight on, flame on m8 :cool:

Just kidding, if I knew how my body does it and the secret to how to do that I'd definitely publicise it though :lol:

Yeah don't get me wrong I'm not overweight or "fat" looking just realised I need to seriously moderate my health, diet and exercise wise :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rachelc142
Yeah don't get me wrong I'm not overweight or "fat" looking just realised I need to seriously moderate my health, diet and exercise wise :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't do too much exercise, eat tons, and still have a skinny pack :colondollar:

I've always felt like if I was to die of natural causes i.e. by time, then I'd die before every else because my body's metabolism is wearing out my body at a greater rate... Can't tell whether that's scientific or not :lol:

Latest