The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bude8
So we've done favourite quotes, what about favourite lyrics?

"When routine bites hard and ambitions are low, and resentment rides high, but emotions won't grow"
"Teenage angst has paid off well; now I'm bored and old"
"Educated the expensive way, he knows his claret from his beaujolais"
"Heaven is my baby, suicide's her father, opulence is the end"

I have loads there's just a few (from top to bottom Joy Division, Nirvana, Blur, Lana Del Rey)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rachelc142
"When routine bites hard and ambitions are low, and resentment rides high, but emotions won't grow"
"Teenage angst has paid off well; now I'm bored and old"
"Educated the expensive way, he knows his claret from his beaujolais"
"Heaven is my baby, suicide's her father, opulence is the end"

I have loads there's just a few (from top to bottom Joy Division, Nirvana, Blur, Lana Del Rey)

Posted from TSR Mobile

That third one... that rhyme is incredible :lol: what even is a beaujolais? :lol:

I've always wondered how much of an obstacle rhyming words are when bands are writing songs...
Original post by Bude8
That third one... that rhyme is incredible :lol: what even is a beaujolais? :lol:

I've always wondered how much of an obstacle rhyming words are when bands are writing songs...

I think it's a wine? Or some sort of expensive alcohol
Yeah and me, often they work so cleverly
This is also why I listen to a lot of grime & rap. I think some rappers are absolute wordsmiths!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bude8
So we've done favourite quotes, what about favourite lyrics?

I feel like you guys might judge me for this but I'm a massive Taylor Swift fan and one of my favourite lyrics comes from her song Treacherous-"and all we are is skin and bone, trained to get along, forever going with the flow, but you're friction." Other than that, I really love the line "in the best way, you'll be the death of me" from Wonderful Unknown by Ingrid Michaelson.
Original post by emcat
I feel like you guys might judge me for this but I'm a massive Taylor Swift fan and one of my favourite lyrics comes from her song Treacherous-"and all we are is skin and bone, trained to get along, forever going with the flow, but you're friction." Other than that, I really love the line "in the best way, you'll be the death of me" from Wonderful Unknown by Ingrid Michaelson.

I don't judge people based on their musical preferences :lol: Those lyrics are pretty cool though!
Original post by Claire.08T
Hey everyone,

I was just wondering what everyone got at AS and what everyone needs to get into uni or the next step after A-levels?

Hey there I got AAAA in Biology, Chemistry, French and Physics last year. And an A* in Maths.

Need A*A*A this year in Further Maths/Physics/Chemistry for NatSci at Cambridge. Or AA for Bristol. Doing French exams as well

How about you?
How do you get a haircut with a beard...

Like what do I ask for

Normally I get just like short sides and trim the top down, but that would look a bit weird with my beard I think

So idk what to do

If it goes wrong I'll j have to shave it off anyway :frown:
What Up?! Anyone started their student finance application form?
Original post by ahmed7991
What Up?! Anyone started their student finance application form?

Yeah sent it off and got my maintenance loan amount which I'm appealing at some point once my parents have got some paychecks together

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah sent it off and got my maintenance loan amount which I'm appealing at some point once my parents have got some paychecks together

Posted from TSR Mobile

Already? that quick!
3 more chapter from Statistics and then I'll be done with FM syllabus! Arghhh it feels good!
Is anyone buying the Apple Watch?
Might treat myself with one after A levels, but I'll have to hear reviews first.
Original post by ahmed7991
Already? that quick!

I've been done with UCAS and applied for accommodation and stuff in November so didn't see the point in waiting :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by The Clockwork Apple
Is anyone buying the Apple Watch?
Might treat myself with one after A levels, but I'll have to hear reviews first.

Isn't it supposed to be £6,000?
I'm not an apple fan at all admittedly but the apple watch is the biggest con I've ever seen. If you have a smartphone..... and a watch........ why the **** would anybody need a """"smart watch"""" :lol: :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Me too. I'm just waiting for my older siblings to find the time to help me fill in the application form
I'm not an apple fan at all admittedly but the apple watch is the biggest con I've ever seen. If you have a smartphone..... and a watch........ why the **** would anybody need a """"smart watch"""" :lol: :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile

6,000? What?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just checked. It's 299 pounds, or 18k if you want a golden one (?).
It's actually quite good if you like going for runs and having everything synced with your phone. I am quite a big Apple user. Most of my electronic devices (except for obviously consoles and speakers and all that) are Apple
I have no idea why the hell anyone would want to buy the golden one, there are cheaper ways to visibly show people around you that you're a moron
I have an iPhone though
I do have this thing with spending what I've saved during the whole year in something big in the summer
6,000? What?!

Just checked. It's 299 pounds, or 18k if you want a golden one (?).
It's actually quite good if you like going for runs and having everything synced with your phone. I am quite a big Apple user. Most of my electronic devices (except for obviously consoles and speakers and all that) are Apple

Ah my friend said 6k, apparently that's for like a steel one or something idk
Hmmmm I guess apple fans would probably enjoy it, I still think it's a waste of money but it sounds like you'd use it a lot more than me so!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest