The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by blamethenargles
Yeah! I'm also switching countries (Just shimmying across the border into England but still), I'm going to have to get used to not seeing Bilingual signs and the free plastic bags! (At least until October, anyway.)

Hahahahahahahaha
Here they're free too (in Spain), although some supermarkets do charge you the odd 5 cents for them (I'm supposing you're talking about that?)
Original post by Red Fox
I'm just pretending they don't exist:lol:.

Oh? Wassup? :console:
Original post by L'Evil Fish
5p per standard bag

I feel like I'm stealing lol

Pricey :eek:.
Original post by H.Ibrahim
Imagine going back and nobody recognises you :rofl:

You have lessons on Saturday? :eek:

Not really, I have a few activities in the morning (coding then jamming) then I usually go to to the Thai restaurants with my friends for lunch :tongue:
Original post by keromedic

It's good! Deters people from buying lots
It's good! Deters people from buying lots

And to recycle, of course, I suppose.
5p per standard bag

I feel like I'm stealing lol

It's so surreal! I remember when the bag bag in the kitchen was completely full with plastic bags from grocery shopping but now it's pretty much empty because we have to use bags for life! We used to get a ton from English twitter friends but we haven't had any in a while 0.o

Original post by H.Ibrahim
I think they are ridiculous if they expect everyone to stay on,
Kinda sounds like another school I know of (not mine) where they bribed students to stay for sixth form :lol:

It's really silly. I bet if the teachers weren't so stroppy about people leaving people would be more likely to stay? Less pressure and whatnot.
Original post by The Clockwork Apple
Hahahahahahahaha
Here they're free too (in Spain), although some supermarkets do charge you the odd 5 cents for them (I'm supposing you're talking about that?)

Yeah, they've recently brought in a 5p charge in Scotland too and England are joining the club in October as far as I know? We've had to pay for bags since 2011!

I've just been feeling meh about everything recently, especially school. I can't wait to go to uni and have a fresh start.
Class of 2015 :cool:

That would mean we got graduate this year?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by cerlohee

Posted from TSR Mobile

We do.

From school :tongue:
Original post by Red Fox
I've just been feeling meh about everything recently, especially school. I can't wait to go to uni and have a fresh start.

Oh dear :/. Yea, might be the thing you need. Do you think you're on track to get the grades you need?
Oh dear :/. Yea, might be the thing you need. Do you think you're on track to get the grades you need?

Currently not but it isn't a huge problem. I Got AABC in my mocks but when combined with my AS results it's 4As. I need an A* in Maths or Physics though.
Original post by MangoFreak
We do.

From school :tongue:

Oh yea lol :biggrin:
I remember you from the camb thread ahh :smile: which subjects are you studying atm? :smile:)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

From Year 13 m8
From Year 13 m8

Not ur "m8" soz xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh yea lol :biggrin:
I remember you from the camb thread ahh :smile: which subjects are you studying atm? :smile:)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Physics, Maths, F.Maths, Chemistry :biggrin: I'm taking a gap year before applying to Cam.

What are you studying?
Original post by MangoFreak
Physics, Maths, F.Maths, Chemistry :biggrin: I'm taking a gap year before applying to Cam.

What are you studying?

Apply to queenssssssss they really like gap year people :smile:))
Maths Chem physics bio and AS fm :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Not ur "m8" soz xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

oi watch it m8, im not ur m8, m8
Original post by blamethenargles
Yeah, they've recently brought in a 5p charge in Scotland too and England are joining the club in October as far as I know? We've had to pay for bags since 2011!

It's so annoying to ask for 5p after I'm done selling a phone contract.. Like, I feel as if I'm scraping the customer for more.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Princepieman
It's so annoying to ask for 5p after I'm done selling a phone contract.. Like, I feel as if I'm scraping the customer for more.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's such an annoyingly small amount of change too, I rarely have 5ps so I end up either shoving the items into my overflowing handbag instead of buying one or breaking into a 20p which sounds so absurdly phrased.

Latest