The Student Room Group

A2 Biology OCR June 2015 Revision Thread

Scroll to see replies

Anyone got any tips for the immobolised enzyme evaluative?
Reply 81
If anyone has done the Evaluative ISA on invertebrates please message me! :'(
Reply 82
Hi can anyone who has done any of the Biology OCR A2 practicals please message me. I really need help as I have no idea what it is on.
Reply 83
Original post by ChoccyPhilly

Hi I've got that coming up, could you direct message me any tips. Thanks.
Reply 84
does anyone know how you would plot the graph for the quantitative immobilised enzyme experiment? please help
Reply 85
Original post by Bobbs
does anyone know how you would plot the graph for the quantitative immobilised enzyme experiment? please help

4 different lines
dot-to-dot
-internal screaming-

How are we this close to impending doom -cries-

Original post by 96akhan
I'm struggling to find a way to revise biology, was just wondering what other people's methods are and what results they've got you in the past

Notes help me personally. I have written all my F214 ones and I'm (rather slowly) doing my F215 ones. When you've finished learning or at least breezing over these, THEN do past papers. There's no point doing them when you have no clue. I think that's where most people go wrong.

I got an A at GCSE and then an A at AS (~87%UMS) so I'm sticking to that system this year lololol

Original post by WesterosWildling
By the looks of it around about the end of April. Then in may we don't have planned lessons, but you can see teachers if you need to.

Posted from TSR Mobile

thank **** I'm not alone. we're finishing after Easter :/
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 87
Original post by Dsg_19

Have you done the eval? I have it tomorrow so any last min tips would be very appreciated :smile: Its annoying because you need 36/40 this year for an A D:
Ugh doomed to a poor grade in coursework.

omg I've done the quant ( found it fairly difficult) but not the eval :frown:
Original post by Dsg_19

the quant is quite hard, I did it and was completely fretting about it omg ahahha have you done the eval yet?
I've done awful that the coursework this year. After 3 rounds, I think I'm on 26 and I've done:

Animal behavior and chi squared
Kidneys (did awfully on that)
Chromatography of plant pigments

Hey bro! I have that chi squared one in 3 days! help me out please, i think i've done terrible in my other practicals! Please help me out, any way i could prepare for it? Thanks!
(edited 9 years ago)
I've only started revising since this last week, have I left revision too late for an A in bio?? :frown: We still have two and a half modules to cover in class! :frown:X2
Original post by bakedbeans247
I've only started revising since this last week, have I left revision too late for an A in bio?? :frown: We still have two and a half modules to cover in class! :frown:X2

What did you get in AS? and are you redoing any AS exams?
Reply 94
Original post by Hmht
Have you done the eval? I have it tomorrow so any last min tips would be very appreciated :smile: Its annoying because you need 36/40 this year for an A D:

can you direct message me please
Reply 95
Original post by Bobbs

hi could you direct message me please?
This is a vicious cycle. I'd like some help too but no one is willing to help me without getting anything in return and I just don't have that information. And now i have a million and a half messages wanting help but no one ever helped me, so...
What did you get in AS? and are you redoing any AS exams?

Doing Math, bio and chem (7A2 and 3AS-resits). Besides a C1 resit, i have just over 2 months left before the exams start in June.

AS i got ABCD in bio, chem, math and phys respectively, I revised about a month for bio, few wks for chem, a wk for math and few days for physics. Btw, I just made that A and B by like 2-3 UMS though.

If i do revise intensely from now and i'm talking every waking moment revising, do you think that i have enough time?

Thanks for reading, I tried to keep it short.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by bakedbeans247
Doing Math, bio and chem (7A2 and 3AS-resits). Besides a C1 resit, i have just over 2 months left before the exams start in June.

AS i got ABCD in bio, chem, math and phys respectively, I revised about a month for bio, few wks for chem, a wk for math and few days for physics. Btw, I just made that A and B by like 2-3 UMS though.

If i do revise intensely from now and i'm talking every waking moment revising, do you think that i have enough time?

Thanks for reading, I tried to keep it short.

Yeah, I don't see why not. c1 is extremely easy and you only have two other AS exams to resit. I'm doing like 5 AS resits including both biology papers and I've realized how much there is to learn. Also, you should remember that even if it's two months til exam season, our A2 exams only start in June after half term, so we effectively have 3 months in reality. Best option is just to do your best to cram it all in at this stage
Reply 99
Hey guys im retaking F212,F214 AND F215. Has anyone got any good revision tips to help remember the stuff(theres so much to know)? Or just in general, any tips on how to ace these exams? Thank you!!!! Im really hoping to achieve atleast a B in Biology. I already got a B in my F211

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending