The Student Room Group

As aqa sociology unit 1

hi
(edited 9 years ago)
Hello, at my college we have barley touched upon the interactionist view so I don't think you need to worry about that, postmodernists you need to know a little bit of detail for it not as much as you need to know for fems or functionalists but I would recommend u learn the overall theory eg they like family diversity and a sociologist that is a postmodernist such as beck or giddens. These are always really good to put as conclusions if you get an essay on the conflict or consensus question. Hope this has helped!
Reply 2
Original post by Wendikorb
Hello, at my college we have barley touched upon the interactionist view so I don't think you need to worry about that, postmodernists you need to know a little bit of detail for it not as much as you need to know for fems or functionalists but I would recommend u learn the overall theory eg they like family diversity and a sociologist that is a postmodernist such as beck or giddens. These are always really good to put as conclusions if you get an essay on the conflict or consensus question. Hope this has helped!

Hi thankyou for replying! I didn't understand what you meant by conflict or consensus question? Hmm I keep telling myself not to waste time revising about interactionists and postmodernists as theres not a whole lot about them but its the what if part. Are you also studying AS Sociology? How are you finding it? :smile:
Original post by sk942015
Hi thankyou for replying! I didn't understand what you meant by conflict or consensus question? Hmm I keep telling myself not to waste time revising about interactionists and postmodernists as theres not a whole lot about them but its the what if part. Are you also studying AS Sociology? How are you finding it? :smile:

Like a question on functionalism or Marxism, and I don't think it's difficult but the amount we need to know is very demanding and don't think I'll know everything by may :frown: im very disappointed with the course because I thought it would be very interesting but I think a lot of it is quite dull especially the education side!
Original post by sk942015
Yes it is really dull and I find it boring compared to politics which is much more interesting. Don't mind me asking but since you study it aswell we might aswell help each other - I have o idea on where to start with unit 2 education - have you got any advice on what I should start doing first for my notes?

What I'm doing with education is starting off with the topics I find hardest to get my head round such as policies and ethnicity and then just doing it like focusing on learning all the content then going to go over short questions I find families so much easier to do as its all basically the same :frown: what other subjects do you take?
I don't do as well on education essays but I try and follow a similar plan to the families one if you're struggling with tbis exam try and focus really hard on the mini questions and you can still do really well

Quick Reply

Latest