The Student Room Group

Civil service fast stream 2014/2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2560
Original post by keksainis
Did you receive the offer letter shortly after your initial conversation with the department? Also, how relevant and serious does the experience need to be? For example, I have worked part-time at my University for a year doing data analysis to inform future policy and producing stats reports on staff composition, etc. - should I even bring this up (I am on GSS as well)? Thanks!

Sorry for the slow response. The official offer letter arrived just a couple of weeks ago, but I've been in touch with my new manager since January (I start in May). I found out all the details in the letter from my manager before it came.

You should definitely bring up your experience, it sounds very relevant and there is no harm in trying. I'm not sure of the rules by which they allocate allowances, but your manager should be in a position to at least make a request if they think it is reasonable. Hope this is useful, best of luck with your placement, hopefully we bump into each other in training.
Has anyone completed Diplomatic Service Final Selection Board this year or have experience of it from previous years? It consists of two role plays and an interview. I've read the guidance but I've never done role plays before - so a sense of what it's like would be great.

Any advice would be most welcome.

Thanks in advance.
(edited 9 years ago)
What scores are getting people on to the CD scheme?
Wizard Woman.

Yeah. Its well hard.

But the guide they provide is comprehensive and gives all the relevant info. It's important to work through the examples beforehand.
(edited 9 years ago)
Hi All!

I have been successful in my FSAC day for the Generalist Stream and have had all my pre-appointment checks completed on the "Pre-Appointment Checks" status screen (although it still says "In Progress" on the Generalist Scheme progress screen for some reason :s) I am just wondering what happens now?

Apologies, I am sure everyone is asking the same questions lol.
Reply 2565
Original post by jackareeno
Hi All!

I have been successful in my FSAC day for the Generalist Stream and have had all my pre-appointment checks completed on the "Pre-Appointment Checks" status screen (although it still says "In Progress" on the Generalist Scheme progress screen for some reason :s) I am just wondering what happens now?

Apologies, I am sure everyone is asking the same questions lol.

The same happened to me, all the checks done but it still said 'In Progress'. I emailed Parity and asked the reason for this and they said that until your file is passed on from them to the talent management team it will say in 'In Progress'.

Once your file is with the talent management team, they will contact you. The timescale will depend on when you are available to start work. Eventually you will have a phone call to discuss your placement, once you are allocated you will meeting with your new team before starting and you will get lots of HR docs to sign (pension form, contract and any specific to your role). The timescales vary, but if you haven't heard anything for a while it's fine to send a message to Parity to get an update. Congrats on getting through!
Hi, thank you so much for replying :smile: and congratulations to you too!

I graduated from uni a few years ago and am currently working so I said on my posting form that I can be available at 4 weeks notice. Hopefully this means that will send my file to the talent management team soon then :s

What is it that Parity wait for before they will send off my file to the talent management team then? A suitable post to come up? It all seems like one massive waiting game haha.
Original post by d41k57
The same happened to me, all the checks done but it still said 'In Progress'. I emailed Parity and asked the reason for this and they said that until your file is passed on from them to the talent management team it will say in 'In Progress'.

Once your file is with the talent management team, they will contact you. The timescale will depend on when you are available to start work. Eventually you will have a phone call to discuss your placement, once you are allocated you will meeting with your new team before starting and you will get lots of HR docs to sign (pension form, contract and any specific to your role). The timescales vary, but if you haven't heard anything for a while it's fine to send a message to Parity to get an update. Congrats on getting through!

Hi, thank you so much for replying and congratulations to you too!

I graduated from uni a few years ago and am currently working so I said on my posting form that I can be available at 4 weeks notice. Hopefully this means that will send my file to the talent management team soon then :s

What is it that Parity wait for before they will send off my file to the talent management team then? A suitable post to come up? It all seems like one massive waiting game haha.
Reply 2568
Original post by jackareeno
Hi, thank you so much for replying and congratulations to you too!

So. Much. Waiting. Totally agree. I think it's just a very complex and time consuming operation for them that nothing moves that fast. I don't think they are waiting for anything specific as such, maybe they forward files all at once every week or so, I don't know. I've heard that allocations to CDs take FSAC score into account, so perhaps that also slows it down a bit as they get an idea of the range of results.
Anyone willing to let us know what scores get you through on central departments scheme?

Thanks
Original post by jamal_azizi
Anyone willing to let us know what scores get you through on central departments scheme?

Thanks

They may not know - hardly anyone finds out their scores straight away. I was an immediate pass for HR about a month ago but still have no idea what my scores were...
Reply 2571
Only had my FSAC last Wednesday and already cannot bear this waiting. I did the SDIP last summer and had to wait about two months for my results for that - it was horrific. I am praying that they let me know soon either way. I feel like 80% of my time is taken up by refreshing the page, and it only changed to 'awaiting results' last night!! Congratulations to everyone who's already got through, and to everyone who's in the same horrible boat as me, good luck!!
Original post by rm436
Only had my FSAC last Wednesday and already cannot bear this waiting. I did the SDIP last summer and had to wait about two months for my results for that - it was horrific. I am praying that they let me know soon either way. I feel like 80% of my time is taken up by refreshing the page, and it only changed to 'awaiting results' last night!! Congratulations to everyone who's already got through, and to everyone who's in the same horrible boat as me, good luck!!

You're unlikely to hear anything until a week after your FSAC, and if you don't hear at that point it'll be a little longer to wait. But at this stage there isn't very much more time until the process finishes - everyone should know by mid-April I believe. How did your FSAC go? And which stream(s) have you applied for?
Original post by rm436

I had mine on Wednesday 18/03/2015. My scheme progress for the FSAC is changed to "Awaiting Results". We should hear in the next week.
Reply 2574
Original post by grownupfrog
You're unlikely to hear anything until a week after your FSAC, and if you don't hear at that point it'll be a little longer to wait. But at this stage there isn't very much more time until the process finishes - everyone should know by mid-April I believe. How did your FSAC go? And which stream(s) have you applied for?

Yes, I am SO thankful that I applied late and therefore had my FSAC later. I am very bad at waiting for results, so having a late FSAC was definitely good for me. I was very pleased with how my FSAC went but to be honest, I don't think I was good enough to get through. I think that I did well for me, but did I do well enough to get into the final 750(ish) out of the 3000(ish) that were at FSAC? I don't think so. I am looking forward to the feedback though. I have just applied for the generalist scheme, and selected HP as my first choice, but to be honest I just really want CD. I'm hoping I will hear this week whether I've got it or not. How did your FSAC go, are you through?
Reply 2575
Original post by Shahbaz Ahmad
I had mine on Wednesday 18/03/2015. My scheme progress for the FSAC is changed to "Awaiting Results". We should hear in the next week.

Good luck. I hope we will hear in the next week, but we might get amber banded and have to wait until mid April :frown: Let me know if you hear anything! How did the day go for you?
Original post by rm436
Good luck. I hope we will hear in the next week, but we might get amber banded and have to wait until mid April :frown: Let me know if you hear anything! How did the day go for you?

Interview was best of all exercises, policy recommendation exercise was excellent, leadership brief was good and group exercise was quite okay...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Heya everyone, I feel like I'm one of the only people still waiting for my FSAC!! (monday 30th) I jusy wanted to clarify a few things about the day....
- in between activities are we allowed to access any notes we may bring with us in our bags?
- are we allowed to bring any notes into the interview with us?
- other than prepare answers for the competency interview, thoroughly read the guide and practice speed reading, is there anything else anyone would recommend me doing as preparations?

Thank you! I appreciate any answers :-)
Original post by thursdayJ
Heya everyone, I feel like I'm one of the only people still waiting for my FSAC!! (monday 30th) I jusy wanted to clarify a few things about the day....
- in between activities are we allowed to access any notes we may bring with us in our bags?
- are we allowed to bring any notes into the interview with us?
- other than prepare answers for the competency interview, thoroughly read the guide and practice speed reading, is there anything else anyone would recommend me doing as preparations?

Thank you! I appreciate any answers :-)

Yes, but shall not be able to take these in assessment halls/rooms. You can prepare these during breaks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2579
Original post by Shahbaz Ahmad
Interview was best of all exercises, policy recommendation exercise was excellent, leadership brief was good and group exercise was quite okay...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sounds promising for you then! Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending