The Student Room Group

Official Vacation Scheme Thread 2015!!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Aspiringlawyer20
The advice I would give someone would be:

Group Exercises: It's very important to strike a balance between making sure your point is heard whilst not overpowering the other people in the group. If you think certain people are being quiet or are struggling to be heard, involve them in the discussion. If there is a time aspect to it, make sure the group is aware of how much time they have left.

Written Exercises: KEEP AN EYE ON THE TIME

Interview: Make sure you demonstrate your commercial awareness. I recently had an interview and there weren't any specific commercial awareness questions. However, the feedback I got was that I didn't demonstrate it enough. I think I had just forgotten to! Speak slowly and clearly and if there are competency questions, then remember the STAR format (Situation Task Action Result).

It's hard to be specific as all AC's are different but those are the 'general' things I have learnt so far.

Hope that helps in some way!

thank you so much! very kind of you to help. I will take all of the above in to account.
Original post by Anisaroles2323
thank you so much! very kind of you to help. I will take all of the above in to account.

No worries, good luck!
PFO from Eversheds.
Original post by adriennbrigden
PFO from Eversheds.

Commiserations :frown:

How did you find out if you don't mind me asking?
Reply 4744
Any Hill Dickinson news?
Reply 4745
I just called them and they said they are in the process of shortlisting candidates for the spring scheme.... which starts in less than 2 weeks.
Original post by 777m
I just called them and they said they are in the process of shortlisting candidates for the spring scheme.... which starts in less than 2 weeks.

I didn't apply to the spring scheme but thought it would be a quick turn-a-round after the WG test. Did they confirm if there is any other stages (would guess not as the spring scheme is so close)?
Reply 4747
I didn't ask directly, but I was told they are shortlisting, so the fact they are taking forever may mean they are combining all different factors to come up with the final decision. That's how it sounded to me. I don't know what is taking so long
Are people still waiting to hear from Macfarlanes....?
Original post by Chrisjones123
Commiserations :frown:

How did you find out if you don't mind me asking?

They emailed me. I sort of guessed that it would be a PFO because they have been taking so long to get back to me.

Are you still waiting to hear from them?
Original post by adriennbrigden
They emailed me. I sort of guessed that it would be a PFO because they have been taking so long to get back to me.

Are you still waiting to hear from them?

Yes post face to face interview...

Which stage were you at? The whole process is excruciating right? :frown:
Original post by Jingojango
Is anyone going to a Gateley AC?

Yeah I am! It's in Birmingham but I applied for the Nottingham office.
Any one heard from ward hadaway?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Irwin Mitchell vac scheme offer!!
Original post by ajb1993
Irwin Mitchell vac scheme offer!!

Congrats!
Original post by Procrastination1
Congrats!

Thank you - it's such a relief!
Original post by boolive
Still waiting to hear from Travers Smith... anyone received anything?

Got an email from them today saying they are still interviewing and apologising for the delay - hope this helps! :smile:
Original post by Jmartin9
Any one heard from ward hadaway?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am still waiting to hear from them. The only contact I have had from them was the initial conformation that they had received my application.
Original post by Joshua_93
I am still waiting to hear from them. The only contact I have had from them was the initial conformation that they had received my application.

Ohh that's good then just eager to hear now!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4759
Has anyone heard from Taylor Vinters post-interview?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending