The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MangoFreak
The interview is from 1400 to 1615, not really sure what will happen during that time. Doubt they'll just talk for two hours to me :tongue:

Oh wow, that's a long interview! Maybe you'll have to do some sort of test? I've never had a job interview!
Original post by blamethenargles
Oh wow, that's a long interview! Maybe you'll have to do some sort of test? I've never had a job interview!

I think there's a tour of the building at the end, but I don't know if that's included in the timeslot.
I think there's a tour of the building at the end, but I don't know if that's included in the timeslot.

Ahh, cool! Where's it to?
Ahh, cool! Where's it to?

Cambridge Consultants, a tech/science firm. A "Technology Scholarship". £14000 and free lunches :tongue:
Good luck! I was going to do my grade 7 this year but decided to just focus on my Clarinet instead>.<

Thankyou :biggrin:
Aw that's sooo cool, I think people that play instruments are super talented
I miss grade 7 le sigh

Posted from TSR Mobile
Cambridge Consultants, a tech/science firm. A "Technology Scholarship". £14000 and free lunches :tongue:

Oh wow, that sounds amazing! I hope you get it! Free food though ;-)

Original post by rachelc142
I miss grade 7 le sigh

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you, but you're going for your diploma though! I haven't even thought about grade 8! *Dramatic sigh in admiration*
Doing 12-15 minutes of performing was enough for me in my A2 recital!

Their website makes me think they're an amazing company :biggrin: They were on the list of the 100 best companies to work for in 2015 by the Times too.
Their website makes me think they're an amazing company :biggrin: They were on the list of the 100 best companies to work for in 2015 by the Times too.

Very prestigious! I hope it all works out for you!
I miss grade 7 le sigh

Posted from TSR Mobile

Tbh, if you can figure out how your muscle memory works, learning an instrument is not too hard and just requires time and practice :lol:
Very prestigious! I hope it all works out for you!

Thank you! :biggrin: I hope nobody else applies :tongue:

There are like 13 places or something so I mean that's not terrible odds...
Thank you! :biggrin: I hope nobody else applies :tongue:

There are like 13 places or something so I mean that's not terrible odds...

Well there was 12 ish places for my firm choice of course and I got an offer so anything is possible! :-D

Thank you, but you're going for your diploma though! I haven't even thought about grade 8! *Dramatic sigh in admiration*
Doing 12-15 minutes of performing was enough for me in my A2 recital!

Grade 8 is basically the same as grade 7 I thought! Although I'd imagine the syllabus varies more with instruments as opposed to musical theatre exams
Gawd it's so tiring isn't it :-( my programme is 25mins I think
Original post by Bude8
Tbh, if you can figure out how your muscle memory works, learning an instrument is not too hard and just requires time and practice :lol:

I do have three guitars I just get annoyed at them soooo easy :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Grade 8 is basically the same as grade 7 I thought! Although I'd imagine the syllabus varies more with instruments as opposed to musical theatre exams

Posted from TSR Mobile

I guess so because you can have a variety of genres! Musical theatre is great though, the theatre is my life!! I'm going to see Dirty Dancing on Saturday!
Have fun with that! At least with concerts and shows and things you can have breaks in between items but recitals are the literal bane of my life!!!
I'm sure you'll be great though :-)

I do have three guitars I just get annoyed at them soooo easy :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why do you get annoyed at your guitars? It's not really their fault..? :lol: Unless they somehow decide to un-tune themselves while you're playing :tongue:
I need help

So I was filling out my mum's financial information on student finance and managed to write the WRONG DATE OF BIRTH. I've already submitted it and don't know how to change it

Help.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I guess so because you can have a variety of genres! Musical theatre is great though, the theatre is my life!! I'm going to see Dirty Dancing on Saturday!
Have fun with that! At least with concerts and shows and things you can have breaks in between items but recitals are the literal bane of my life!!!
I'm sure you'll be great though :-)

Yessss I absolutely love it :biggrin: oh wow that will be sooo good! My favourite musicals are Wicked, Les Misérables and Miss Saigon
Yeahhh definitely hahah I'm gonna need a bottle of water I think for sure
Thankyouu :-) will post the rundown on here after I've done it haha
Original post by Bude8
Why do you get annoyed at your guitars? It's not really their fault..? :lol: Unless they somehow decide to un-tune themselves while you're playing :tongue:

Lmaooo I just get so frustrated that I'm crap hahaha, it's not my sweet fenders fault

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yessss I absolutely love it :biggrin: oh wow that will be sooo good! My favourite musicals are Wicked, Les Misérables and Miss Saigon

Lmaooo I just get so frustrated that I'm crap hahaha, it's not my sweet fenders fault

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well, you know, if you want to get better, there's something called purposeful practice :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes definitely! Let us know how it goes!
Oh my goodness I love Wicked that is my favourite of all time! Along with Lion King! I really want to see Les Mis but no one will go with me :-(((
I have to go to theatre several times a year, my auntie always used to take me when I was little and I've definitely caught the theatre bug!
Got all my responses now so I get to start student finance. I feel like the fun is only just beginning.
Original post by emcat
Got all my responses now so I get to start student finance. I feel like the fun is only just beginning.

The fun begins after all the paperwork :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest