The Student Room Group

Official Vacation Scheme Thread 2015!!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4840
Would anyone be able to offer advice on the Kirkland & Ellis AC - Either for VS/TC please!!!
Reply 4841
Original post by Jingojango
Think they said by the 31st on the website but just wondered. Thank you:smile:

just got an email saying I'm through to the 2nd stage which sounds like it involves various online tests. More details to follow next week apparently, including deadlines for completion
Weightmans - through to stage 2 of their recruitment process, which I believe is the final stage. More details of online assessments next week - I wonder if this could sneakily include an "online interview"?
Just received a Weightman's email too. Hope it isn't an online video interview!
Original post by NT2802
Would anyone be able to offer advice on the Kirkland & Ellis AC - Either for VS/TC please!!!

Are Kirkland not done?
Yep stage 2 for weightmans...
Me too with Weightmans - just got the email. I actually hope it is a video interview because I really don't like those online tests
Reply 4847
Original post by MillieXYZ
Are Kirkland not done?

I have an AC for an earlier start date
Original post by NT2802
I have an AC for an earlier start date

Oh that seems pretty strange - considering the small intake, guessing that market demands have forced their hand. I wonder if they'll be recruiting more than usual for 2017.

I interviewed for the vac scheme and you really need to be able to articulate why Kirkland/why US/private equity and why not MC. Need to be really on your game in terms of commercial acumen,Kirkland's place in the market and so on.

Also, don't under-estimate the lunch session where you can mingle with the lawyers/HR.
Exactly 8 weeks to the day that I applied to Morgan Lewis and I've heard nothing :/
Original post by lawyertobe123
Hi, have you heard from Taylor Vinters yet?

Hi yes I got an offer today for vac scheme
For anyone tracking applications... interview invite today for Arnold & Porter. Couldn't accept since their scheme conflicts with my other offers.
Original post by zooly1
I know - I even called to say that I had obviously failed the vid interview so would I still be eligible for the TC in the summer, but was directed to e-mail instead and never did! Phew.

Have only read chambers etc, which seems to indicate no interview, but written, oral and group tests - but no more detail - I guess prepare for everything, and ignore the chance of an interview at your peril! I'll be there on the 23rd. Gulp!

Hi!! How did you find it? I just got the email on what we have to prepare....nervous is an understatement!
Any news from shoosmiths yet? They're my last chance at a Vac Scheme, all my other apps have winded up unsuccessful :frown:

Guess my only chance of a TC this yr is from straight TC apps...
Original post by TykeDragon
Any news from shoosmiths yet? They're my last chance at a Vac Scheme, all my other apps have winded up unsuccessful :frown:

Guess my only chance of a TC this yr is from straight TC apps...

I'm in exactly the same position unfortunately! Which shoosmiths office are you waiting on? :smile:
Original post by wanttobelawyer
I'm in exactly the same position unfortunately! Which shoosmiths office are you waiting on? :smile:

Solent! (Southampton) I don't think my chances are very high though as they only have like 8 vacancies...
Original post by TykeDragon
Solent! (Southampton) I don't think my chances are very high though as they only have like 8 vacancies...

Birmingham :smile: Seeing as they only judge from the application I'm also not feeling hopeful. Hopefully it's good news for you!
Reply 4857
Original post by Jmartin9
Ohh that's good then just eager to hear now!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hopefully we'll hear soon! :smile:
Do any Eversheds applicants have a copy of the travel reimbursement form?
Reply 4859
Hugely surprised to get past the (strange) online interview for Bird&Bird. Any info on the 'insight and selection day' for the vacation scheme? Would be much appreciated

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending