The Student Room Group

Civil service fast stream 2014/2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2700
Ugh, yeah, still waiting for generalist CD, that's really irritating
Original post by rm436
Bad news to those who haven't heard - they just told me that the sift has happened and I won't hear until the 13th of April

That's so annoying! Are people even still doing FSACs?
Original post by EK9
Has anybody who was amber banded for HR heard anything yet?

I'm still amber banded for HR. It seems to be only immediate yes and no's that have heard.
Reply 2703
Has anyone for the GCS (comms) stream heard back at all over the past few weeks?
Reply 2704
Original post by TritonSails
That's so annoying! Are people even still doing FSACs?

I think its now about what happens to those at FSBs. We are officially in he closest category and will either get it or miss by a matter 0.XY
Reply 2705
Sounds as if people have heard, so I guess I'm still Amber banded. Is anyone waiting for European and generalist?

Also - for anyone that applied to the diplomatic scheme - Did you actually get an email saying 'you've not been selected for this scheme'? All that happened to me was that the generalist scheme page in my candidate site had the header banner change from 'diplomatic scheme progress' to 'central department scheme progress' and the FSB stage got taken out.
Reply 2706
Original post by cro222
Sounds as if people have heard, so I guess I'm still Amber banded. Is anyone waiting for European and generalist?

Also - for anyone that applied to the diplomatic scheme - Did you actually get an email saying 'you've not been selected for this scheme'? All that happened to me was that the generalist scheme page in my candidate site had the header banner change from 'diplomatic scheme progress' to 'central department scheme progress' and the FSB stage got taken out.

Message you received should say the following

SchemeOption PreferenceOptionStatusOption currently being progressed
Generalist Fast Stream1Houses of ParliamentUnsuccessful
2Central DepartmentsAwaiting Results{*}

but with diplo in your case ofc.
Original post by grownupfrog
Congrats! I'm successful for HR too, there are 4 of us on this thread now. So exciting isn't it!

Congrats! Yes, so exciting! When was your FSAC? Suppose I best get onto the forms :smile:
Reply 2708
Original post by Lauws
Message you received should say the following

SchemeOption PreferenceOptionStatusOption currently being progressed
Generalist Fast Stream1Houses of ParliamentUnsuccessful
2Central DepartmentsAwaiting Results{*}

but with diplo in your case ofc.

Ah. Yep, nothing like that. Last email was a reminder for the FSAC at the start of March. Out of interest, does your generalist scheme have a 'posting form' option greyed out?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by cro222
Ah. Yep, nothing like that. Last email was a reminder for the FSAC at the start of March. Out of interest, does your generalist scheme have a 'posting form' option greyed out?

Are you checking your email inbox or the inbox on the fast stream site itself? Because I didn't get an email about it but I did get the DS rejection message on the website inbox.
Reply 2710
Original post by TritonSails
Are you checking your email inbox or the inbox on the fast stream site itself? Because I didn't get an email about it but I did get the DS rejection message on the website inbox.

Both. The header change from Diplomatic to Central Departments changed on the Tuesday after my FSAC the previous Thursday, which is consistent with how long it took people to find out, but no message to candidate inbox. Might be worth asking Parity about
Hello,

I've found out today that I've been successful at the FSAC. I've applied for the DaT stream and I'm curious what will happen if I'm now unsuccessful at the FSB? I've heard conflicting messages and some have said that a place on the generalist scheme is guaranteed for anyone who passes the FSAC. Can anyone shed any light?

Thanks

Andy
Reply 2712
Original post by AndrewSeal
Hello,

I've found out today that I've been successful at the FSAC. I've applied for the DaT stream and I'm curious what will happen if I'm now unsuccessful at the FSB? I've heard conflicting messages and some have said that a place on the generalist scheme is guaranteed for anyone who passes the FSAC. Can anyone shed any light?

Thanks

Andy

It is if you apply for Generalist and pass FSAC. Not sure for DaT, the pass marks will almost certainly differ between the two schemes so its definitely *not* like for like.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Lauradmxx
Just found out I have a place on the HR fast stream having attended FSAC on Thursday, a little overwhelmed!

Also was at FSAC on Thursday, and also found out I was successful today! For Central Departments though - not HR.

I've no idea whether I got in on the sift or not. My status changed to awaiting results about two hours before it changed to successful - I'm wondering if I was amber-banded for those two hours. Last time I applied I was amber-banded from January to May (ultimately unsuccessful) so that is something of a turn-up for the books.

Does anybody know how/when we are likely to find out our scores?
Original post by Lauws
It is if you apply for Generalist and pass FSAC. Not sure for DaT, the pass marks will almost certainly differ between the two schemes so its definitely like for like.

Thanks for your reply, I'm an internal candidate and have been told by a current FSer that this is the case... but I really want some confirmation. It would be frustrating to have passed the FSAC and potentially leave with nothing at the end of it all!
Hello,

Thanks

Andy

I'm in the same situation. I have a feeling you only get offered a central departments/generalist placement if you had it as a second choice and passed.
Reply 2716
Original post by TruckBear
Also was at FSAC on Thursday, and also found out I was successful today! For Central Departments though - not HR.

I've no idea whether I got in on the sift or not. My status changed to awaiting results about two hours before it changed to successful - I'm wondering if I was amber-banded for those two hours. Last time I applied I was amber-banded from January to May (ultimately unsuccessful) so that is something of a turn-up for the books.

You will have been. I'd be interested to know your score when you get it.
Reply 2717
Original post by SalvioHexia
Just got a pass for CD after being immediately rejected for DS in mid-Jan. Think I must've been pretty borderline!

Have you got your score yet? If so, would you share it please? It will give us on A/B still a gague.
Original post by TruckBear

Congrats, I must have met you on Thursday so it's nice to find others who were sucessful from then! I don't think it means you were amber-banded from then, so it's great news.

I am quite sure we wont find out our scores until our report comes through in April, I could be wrong though! Really didn't think I'd passed FSAC though so a brilliant surprise.
Hello,

Thanks

Andy

If you haven't applied for GFS and attended FSAC for DAT only then you must pass the DAT FSB to be sure of a job.
DAT has historically had a (slightly) lower FSAC passmark than GFS. They can afford to allow this as they get another chance to look at the candidates at FSB. Therefore you could in theory get people attending DAT FSB who ranged in FSAC scores from approx 15.3 to 18.
Therefore it is possible in theory to fail the DAT FSB and have a higher FSAC score than the lowest successful GFS FSAC score (usually lower 16 range).
However if you didn't apply for GFS or if you did not attend FSAC for GFS (because perhaps you failed GFS at eTray or online tests) then you won't land a GFS job if you fail DAT FSB.

On a more positive note - you've done well to get so far and your odds at the FSB are great - best of luck!
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending