The Student Room Group

Civil service fast stream 2014/2015

Scroll to see replies

I was immediately unsuccessful for DS after January too but still amber banded for CD - I must be seriously borderline! Ahhh panicking now, can't believe I have to wait until April :frown:
Original post by rm436
Bad news to those who haven't heard - they just told me that the sift has happened and I won't hear until the 13th of April

How do you know this our of curiosity? 13th April seems a pretty specific date and earlier than most people seem to be saying that this will end. Don't want to get my hopes up!
Reply 2722
Original post by nicola1806
How do you know this our of curiosity? 13th April seems a pretty specific date and earlier than most people seem to be saying that this will end. Don't want to get my hopes up!

I messaged them and that's what they said. If you ever want to know anything then message them on the website, they get back to you soo fast and are usually (although not always!!) very helpful. Word of warning though, when I did my internship with them they told me specific dates numerous times and it was almost never this exact date. But it gives us a rough idea at least :smile:
Reply 2723
Original post by nicola1806
I was immediately unsuccessful for DS after January too but still amber banded for CD - I must be seriously borderline! Ahhh panicking now, can't believe I have to wait until April :frown:

That's exactly the same as me, although I was an immediate fail for HoP not DS. It is really scary but we do still have a shot. Just try to distract yourself, I'm applying for other things just to give myself something to focus on!! Good luck :smile:
Hello, I applied for the Government Communication Fast Stream and had my AC back in February,
I still have not heard back.
I was just wondering if anyone else applied for this stream and are in the same position as me or have heard back - I've had a look back through this message board and nobody seems to be talking about this stream haha so was just looking for some information really.
Am i likely to hear back on the 13th April too?

Thank you
Original post by ms123123
Hello, I applied for the Government Communication Fast Stream and had my AC back in February,
I still have not heard back.
I was just wondering if anyone else applied for this stream and are in the same position as me or have heard back - I've had a look back through this message board and nobody seems to be talking about this stream haha so was just looking for some information really.
Am i likely to hear back on the 13th April too?

Thank you

I've been waiting since the end of January
Original post by ms123123
x

Original post by Magnum Opus
x

I think everyone will hear back mid-April/the 13th, yeah. The office is currently closed for Easter so certainly not until after the weekend.
Reply 2727
For those wondering about passing FSAC for the specific streams but still "awaiting results" for central departments - it says here in the "view results" section of FSAC

"Following your success at FSAC, your application is now being considered for your preferred option and you will be invited to the appropriate Final Selection Boards (FSB) or Final Selection process. If you are unsuccessful for your preferred option, you will still be considered for your other options. We would remind you that you are guaranteed a place in a Central Department, unless you deselected this option during the Option Selection process."

Reply 2728
Original post by FWBath
For those wondering about passing FSAC for the specific streams but still "awaiting results" for central departments - it says here in the "view results" section of FSAC

"Following your success at FSAC, your application is now being considered for your preferred option and you will be invited to the appropriate Final Selection Boards (FSB) or Final Selection process. If you are unsuccessful for your preferred option, you will still be considered for your other options. We would remind you that you are guaranteed a place in a Central Department, unless you deselected this option during the Option Selection process."

So what are you saying? I'm a little confused. I don't think there is anyone that has passed FSAC whose awaiting results apart from the DaT guys who were wondering whether they get a place at CD even if they haven't selected it (I think) was this message aimed at those people?

The majority of us still A/B are just sitting on awaiting results for CD and have not found out anything to suggest a pass, if you get what I mean?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 2729
Original post by Lauws
So what are you saying? I'm a little confused. I don't think there is anyone that has passed FSAC whose awaiting results apart from the DaT guys who were wondering whether they get a place at CD even if they haven't selected it (I think) was this message aimed at those people?

The majority of us still A/B are just sitting on awaiting results for CD and have not found out anything to suggest a pass, if you get what I mean?

There is at least one person (Andy) on this thread who has got through to DaT FSB and wants to know if he has a place on any Fast Stream due to passing the FSAC, even if he fails the FSB. I am guessing this is aimed at him/them, rather than us.
Has anyone found out their score yet? I attended FSAC on 5th Feb (successful) and I'm still waiting.
I'm applying for HR and attended the FSAC yesterday (the last one for round 1). I felt the Interview, Leadership and Group exercises went ok (but not amazing) however I had the Policy exercise last and was so tired that I couldn't think straight. In the end I only completed 2 pages for the whole exercise and it wasn't very well structured/didn't include many supporting statistics.

I'm really disappointed as I think that this could have been one of my strongest if I had it earlier in the day and now I don't feel like I have a chance of getting in.

Did anyone else come away feeling like this? If so were you ultimately successful/unsuccessful?

Any thoughts would be really appreciated :smile:
Original post by f.burton
Has anyone found out their score yet? I attended FSAC on 5th Feb (successful) and I'm still waiting.

Hi! I also attended on 5th Feb and got my FSAC report through yesterday afternoon. :smile:
Reply 2733
Original post by jealsrealdeal
Hi! I also attended on 5th Feb and got my FSAC report through yesterday afternoon. :smile:

Hey, which stream did you apply for? and if you don't mind sharing, what score did you get?
Original post by Lauws
Hey, which stream did you apply for? and if you don't mind sharing, what score did you get?

I'm on the DaT stream. I wasn't amber banded, and got a score of 16.17.
Original post by LaurenGN
I'm applying for HR and attended the FSAC yesterday (the last one for round 1). I felt the Interview, Leadership and Group exercises went ok (but not amazing) however I had the Policy exercise last and was so tired that I couldn't think straight. In the end I only completed 2 pages for the whole exercise and it wasn't very well structured/didn't include many supporting statistics.

I'm really disappointed as I think that this could have been one of my strongest if I had it earlier in the day and now I don't feel like I have a chance of getting in.

Did anyone else come away feeling like this? If so were you ultimately successful/unsuccessful?

Any thoughts would be really appreciated :smile:

I felt exactly the same...by the end of the day I was so tired and it was really hard to write a coherent and well structured paper that included enough facts, so I assumed I wouldn't pass. But I found out on Monday that I was successful :smile: I applied for DaT, so I still need to pass the FSB...not over quite yet!

Did they email you to say it was available?

ps. I'm DaT too!

I didn't realise they were sending out the FSAC reports so soon! I had mine the day after yours, also for DaT so I wonder if this means I'll get my report today... Where did you access yours if you don't mind me asking?
Original post by rlouise12
I felt exactly the same...by the end of the day I was so tired and it was really hard to write a coherent and well structured paper that included enough facts, so I assumed I wouldn't pass. But I found out on Monday that I was successful :smile: I applied for DaT, so I still need to pass the FSB...not over quite yet!

Well done for the FSAC! Your response has given me some hope and as it was the last one at least I won't have to wait long to hear either way.

Good luck for the FSB :smile:
Hi guys-

For those who attended the FSAC on 30.03, has your scheme progress status changed from 'Awaiting Event' to 'Awaiting Results' yet?
Mine still says awaiting event which is why I'm rather worried, but thought I would post here before double-checking with Parity as they seem to be flooded with an awful lot of emails all the time.

Or in general- how long did it take for your scheme progress status to change?

Thanks in advance!
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending