The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bloxorus
Thanks for the confidence boost :smile:

What would a good answer be to "why did you not secure a spring week in your first year"?

Whatever your answer is, make sure to say how you've improved since then, why you're a stronger candidate now ready to take yourself to the next level through a summer internship etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Abdul-Karim
Wasn't notified of the opportunities available? Only started looking into IB during the summer of 2015?

I don't think id be able to pull that off seeing as I'm at UCL studying econ, and they'll be able to see that I actually applied for the spring week haha

Original post by will2348
Whatever your answer is, make sure to say how you've improved since then, why you're a stronger candidate now ready to take yourself to the next level through a summer internship etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks! :smile:
Slightly nervous for tomorrow's final round >.<

Good luck, Knock it out of the park!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good luck you'll be great :smile:

Good luck man! you were offered the final round for a reason! They want you!
Original post by President M.E.
Good luck you'll be great :smile:

Original post by Roadrage27
Good luck man! you were offered the final round for a reason! They want you!

Thanks guys, I think it went pretty well, quite enjoyable in fact.
Thanks guys, I think it went pretty well, quite enjoyable in fact.

What was the format? / who was it with? Wonder how much they've changed

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Aenigma
What was the format? / who was it with? Wonder how much they've changed

Posted from TSR Mobile

3x30 mins - Directors/Associates from various IBD divs, and an interview with a guy from the div you expressed interest in.

Strengths / CV shredding & for me a few econ/bonds/derivatives related questions, nothing that I would say was 'technical' though
3x30 mins - Directors/Associates from various IBD divs, and an interview with a guy from the div you expressed interest in.

Strengths / CV shredding & for me a few econ/bonds/derivatives related questions, nothing that I would say was 'technical' though

Yeah, that's basically what we had, no really techs

Posted from TSR Mobile

Was this like some kind of fast track for the fast track lol?
Was this like some kind of fast track for the fast track lol?

It was just the fast track interview :K:
Hi All,

As I am coming to the end of year 13, what would you advise me to do to prepare for my spring week applications?

I am currently applying/applied for placements and insight days.

What things would you do if you could go back, and what should I keep my eye out for? When do most SW applications start? I have firmed UCL for Chemical Engineering.

Thank you in advance.
It was just the fast track interview :K:

:redface: so all the spring week attendees get it?

The guy mentioned about it last page - HR and people there will actively observe you during the spring week, they will only choose people who are good enough to get fast-tracked.

------

Does anyone actually want to work in Back Office (except Technology) or prefer it over Front Office? :confused:

There was 12 of us who got it for IBD and I think roughly the same number for markets. Not everyone gets it or atleast not everyone gets it straight away.
Original post by lizzygrant
The guy mentioned about it last page - HR and people there will actively observe you during the spring week, they will only choose people who are good enough to get fast-tracked.

------

Does anyone actually want to work in Back Office (except Technology) or prefer it over Front Office? :confused:

I suppose it would be dependent on the skills, interests and possibly the better working hours, as ops/comp/legal still pay well.
Original post by Joseph.S
Hi All,

As I am coming to the end of year 13, what would you advise me to do to prepare for my spring week applications?

I am currently applying/applied for placements and insight days.

What things would you do if you could go back, and what should I keep my eye out for? When do most SW applications start? I have firmed UCL for Chemical Engineering.

Thank you in advance.

Research the various divisions, how they interlink, the relevance of an IB to an economy.

If I could go back, I'd probably have started practicing the online numericals in summer and started my cover letters then too :rolleyes:

Applications start ~September/November, as soon as you begin university really.
Got the penultimate year offer
Got the penultimate year offer

Congrats mate! For what firm?

Latest

Trending

Trending