The Student Room Group

Official Vacation Scheme Thread 2015!!!

Scroll to see replies

Yep, also waiting for Shoosmiths Reading/Milton Keynes! I think we should hear by the 10th (next fri)

Original post by Cristocracy
Waiting on my last hope - Shoosmiths Manchester/Reading.

Anyone else?
Today - Cooley LLP anyone?
Original post by LawStudent30
From my understanding, law firms aren't able to offer training contracts to people until they have started their third year in university. So you normally hear in September. Not sure if this is still the case but that's what I've been told!

Original post by goodm001
thanks!!

Pretty sure that rule has now been got rid of (it was a voluntary code in the first place anyway). Wonder if many firms will still stick to the 1st September thing anyway :erm:
Original post by student652

Nothing yet so frustrating :frown:
Original post by Fruit-twist
Nothing yet so frustrating :frown:

It's so annoying, I would rather just be put out my misery! Feel like calling them
Original post by husn
Has anyone heard anything from arnold and porter (uk) by any chance regarding the vacation scheme?

I have an interview with them next week

Nada, but assume a PFO as people have had their AC invites.
Has anyone still not heard from eversheds post face to face?
No I haven't, didn't they say if we were successful we would hear by 1st may, so we have a bit of time!! Fingers crossed!!!

From their email, I got the impression that they will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis. I applied a week ago :smile: fingers crossed for us.
Original post by Kate1717
Has anyone still not heard from eversheds post face to face?

I haven't. But I'm starting to assume its a PFO. I emailed Grad Rec this morning to ask when to hear back. (hopefully to end the painful wait!)
Original post by xixi0lynn
I haven't. But I'm starting to assume its a PFO. I emailed Grad Rec this morning to ask when to hear back. (hopefully to end the painful wait!)

Their twitter feed said it will be the end of this week, good luck!
Original post by Chianti1
From their email, I got the impression that they will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis. I applied a week ago :smile: fingers crossed for us.

Yeah! Me too I applied as soon as the application was open! Keep me posted if you hear anything!! Fingers crossed!!! 🙌
Has anyone heard from TLT London post skype interview?
Is it obligatory to have my personal tutor as my referee when I apply for VS? Could I ask one of my module tutors instead?
Original post by Ratach
Is it obligatory to have my personal tutor as my referee when I apply for VS? Could I ask one of my module tutors instead?

You can, I think it's just an 'academic reference'.
still nothing from HD about the summer vac schemes? what could they possibly still be waiting for?
Anyone heard from Eversheds London today?
Weightmans - "technical problems" with the online assessments....
SGH Martineau mini vac scheme offer
Guessing I'll have to wait till Tuesday to hear back now... The wait is depressing me :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending