The Student Room Group

ALL-NIGHTER tips!

Anybody else, like me, need the motivation to do all-nighters?
This is a bit late but yes please :erm:

I've been saying I'd stay up to catch up on work for ages tbh. I'm going to try it out tonight so we'll see how it goes. :dontknow:
I don't bother trying to work all night. It is really quiet but I know I'd just be really fatigued throughout the next day, so not worth it.
From all the revision im doing during the day I'm finding it difficult to sleep cause of stress. I would love to have the option to sleep in stead of being forced to stay awake all night :lol:
Original post by Gott
All nighters are bad for memory and put unnecessary stress on your brain. What is the point of them?

I honestly hate them but I feel like a) I tend to remember most at night and b) sometimes you have to do them when you're super far behind on work and want to catch up :yawn:
Original post by Valyrian
From all the revision im doing during the day I'm finding it difficult to sleep cause of stress. I would love to have the option to sleep in stead of being forced to stay awake all night :lol:

When I actually do want to sleep this usually happens instead :moon:
Original post by TheStoryteller
When I actually do want to sleep this usually happens instead :moon:

High five, man.
I used to do all nighters and clearly remember revising the night before my maths exam.

:rolleyes:
Reply 8
Make coffee

But instead of putting the coffee in water

Put it in Monster Energy

Then you have double the caffeine.

Only then, OP, have you mastered the art of the All Nighter
Original post by Gott
I wouldn't advise them

Me neither tbf :sadnod:
Just re write your notes over and over again until they sink in your head.
Reply 11
This is a bit late but yes please :erm:

I've been saying I'd stay up to catch up on work for ages tbh. I'm going to try it out tonight so we'll see how it goes. :dontknow:

still up:tongue:
I'm too stressed out to sleep and too lazy to revise. As always. But no all-nighter for me.

EDIT: Oh, here are your tips, by the way.

- Eat fruits. Oh so many fruits. They give you gradual releases of energy as opposed to the spikes that sugary stuff does... which makes you crash.
- If you're used to coffee, try decaf instead. I know I know, it sounds dumb, but it's a placebo. Your body will think it's just taken in a load of caffein. Drink the real coffee later, when you're actually gonna crash.
- Splash cold water on your wrists if you're feeling sleepy. Perks you up. Basically the mini equivalent of an ice-cold shower.
- Take a power-nap mid-day if you have someone who will DEFINITELY wake you up. 25 mins maximum.
- Get an early night the next day PLEASE. Otherwise your body will hate you forever.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 13
Original post by get_in_the_robot
I'm too stressed out to sleep and too lazy to revise. As always. But no all-nighter for me.

You don't call being up at this time an all-nighter :colondollar::colondollar:
Original post by games211
still up:tongue:

Same, and still on TSR :rolleyes:

I better get off and try to get Reaction Kinetics (Chemistry) into my head before I get tempted to "take a short nap" which always results in me sleeping till morning :unimpressed:.
I study better at night. If I have nothing else but studying to do, I regularly wake up at 2-3pm and stay up til 7am. Works for me. Not conventional and people say it's weird, but they're not the one studying.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
Same, and still on TSR :rolleyes:

I better get off and try to get Reaction Kinetics (Chemistry) into my head before I get tempted to "take a short nap" which always results in me sleeping till morning :unimpressed:.

lool:smile:
You don't call being up at this time an all-nighter :colondollar::colondollar:

Noo! Of course not! I've been pulling all-nighters since year 7 (I had actual insomnia) so this is good for me. School nights I usually sleep at 1-2am and I get along fine. My body has more or less acclimatised for running on little sleep. The more I have now, the groggier I get (although my height is apparently permanently stunted... boo). I am the master of all-nighters. Learnt from the best. :cool:
Pulled an all-nighter yoooo - off to bed. Shouldn't have been lazy the last months. Oh well :tongue:
Anybody else, like me, need the motivation to do all-nighters?

no i am use to it

Quick Reply

Latest