The Student Room Group

What will lecturer think

Will my lecturer think I'm a loser for emailing them questions on a Friday night?
Reply 1
We don't think anything.
Original post by gjd800
We don't think anything.

:lol: Laughing out loud!

Oluwatosin 3rd year student University of Huddersfield
(edited 6 months ago)
Original post by Anonymous
Will my lecturer think I'm a loser for emailing them questions on a Friday night?

Hello,

No they won’t think you’re a loser at all! I’ve emailed my lecturers questions at all sorts of times and they email back whenever they have the time.

Hope this helps,
Dom

Anon,

I think it's better to email before you forget : ( They are likely to see it on Monday morning when they check their emails, so I would email them sooner rather than later.

Hope that helps,

Oluwatosin 3rd year student University of Huddersfield

Hey there!

They really won't. Sometimes they respond to me on weekends, you can pretty much do your work at anytime so they'd expect questions. You may not get an answer straight away but they won't really clock-on to the fact it's a certain time when you've messaged them. I imagine some people probably email their lecturers at 3AM when they're pulling an all-nighter in the library. I doubt they'd think much of it.

Hope this helped!
Lucy - Digital Student Ambassador SHU
Reply 6

Nah, I reckon lecturers have done something similar at some point during their lives and I reckon that you probably wouldn't be the first to do that either. So, no, they won't think of you as a loser! University generally should be non-judgmental :smile:
(edited 5 months ago)

Hey Anon,

Totally agree with everyone else, nobody will think anything bad of that! That's a bonus of uni, you get to work whenever works for you! However, if it's something you're really worried about, you can schedule send emails for a certain time. Always a good tip to be aware of if you do get a lecturer who has a go at you for emailing outside of work hours!

Hope this helps.

Millie
Lancaster Student Ambassador, 3rd Year Psychology BSc

Hi there,

On the opposite, people would appreciate that you are not going out without all studying sorted. That is called discipline and motivation !

Take care,
Ilya :biggrin:

Nope :h: you're not the first and won't be the last - just maybe don't expect a reply until next week! You could always schedule the email, which is what I sometimes do, so the email is written, done and sent but won't reach them until first thing Monday morning!

Hi there, :smile:

Like others have said, nobody will think this so don't worry. It shows that you are motivated with your studies. Just know that your lecturer may not respond straight away.

All the best,
Sarah
Hi there,

I don't think that they'll think into it too much. Just don't expect a reply until Monday.

Jaz - Cardiff Uni Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending