The Student Room Group

MBTI and choices of A-Level subjects/GCSE's/Undergraduate/Postgraduate Degrees

Hello, I was wondering if there is any sort of correlation between MBTI types and the subjects you coose to do. So tell me , what is your MBTI (or/ and enneagram if you want) and what subject(s) are you doing?
For example, I am an ISFJ and at Alevel I am doing: Psychology, History, Maths Stats and Chemistry (not typical of an ISFJ I know, but I think my Ti has developed at a young age). :smile:
HEY!! :biggrin:
I am an ENFJ or ENFP and doing art, maths, further maths, chemistry and physics. (Just like how your subjects are not very typically ISFJ, mine aren't typically ENFJ LOL XD well maybe except for art that is heeh) :biggrin:
Original post by TastyPinkHair
HEY!! :biggrin:
I am an ENFJ or ENFP and doing art, maths, further maths, chemistry and physics. (Just like how your subjects are not very typically ISFJ, mine aren't typically ENFJ LOL XD well maybe except for art that is heeh) :biggrin:

Wow, that's a lot of work there. If you are not sure if your type I would recommend reading up on cognitive functions ( here's a test you can do for it - http://similarminds.com/classic_jung.html ). For a very long time I thought I was INFJ, purely based off of the fact that I love anything theoretical and deep discussions. Turns out that my Si (introverted Sensing) was stronger than my Ni (introverted iNtuition)
Original post by Phoebe_Squire
Wow, that's a lot of work there. If you are not sure if your type I would recommend reading up on cognitive functions ( here's a test you can do for it - http://similarminds.com/classic_jung.html ). For a very long time I thought I was INFJ, purely based off of the fact that I love anything theoretical and deep discussions. Turns out that my Si (introverted Sensing) was stronger than my Ni (introverted iNtuition)

Oh, Fe, Ne and Ni are the highest for me :biggrin:

Si, Se and Te are very low XD
That probably means you're an ENFJ then :biggrin:
^Thank you so much for your input! :smile: I know of an ISFJ that wants to do science subjects, btw.
I wonder if there are any other ENFJs that do sciencey-mathsey subjects? It's a bit unusual for ENFJs to do these subjects (even though I'm right brain dominant...)
I'm an ENFP 4w5 (479) studying the IB diploma and my subjects are HL History, HL Bio, HL Chem and SL English, SL Spanish and SL Maths. As you can tell, they aren't typical ENFP subjects and I'm very disappointed and bored with them as they weren't the subjects of my choice. Having recently moved countries, I had to switch curriculum from Scottish Highers to the IB and this obviously meant subject changes. My subjects in Scotland were amazing; Modern Studies (politics), Philosophy, English, Maths and Art. ):

Quick Reply

Latest